Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore 1.2.15

ZackJones

So, Is 1.2.15 stable? Should I update all my nooks to this issue? I have three different disciplines at least running nooks and Practiscore and I'd like them all to be on the same page if at all possible so that when we have an RO from Steel shooting USPSA or Knock-down everything looks essentially the same and if one of us has to cover as MD for another the processes are all the same.

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, We ran 1.2.15 for USPSA 3 weeks ago (I think it was 1.2.15)...ran fine, not sure about our 3-gun match on 3rd Sat, and we had a Steel Challenge match last weekend, it ran perfectly on Android devices. We have an IDPA match this weekend...will let you know.

Edited by Mark R

I have 1.2.15 on my master and the scoring NST's are still on 1.2.12 and will stay that way until the RootNScoreIt app is updated with a newer version of PractiScore.

Just go to Practiscore and click the Download APK link. Copy the APK file to a SD card, insert the SD card in each Nook and click on the APK file to install it.

Thanks for the info guys I wasn't aware you could install it like that. I'll probably hold off though be cause for certain if I upgrade to 1.2.15 then 1.2.16 will be released the next day :)

I have 1.2.15 on my master and the scoring NST's are still on 1.2.12 and will stay that way until the RootNScoreIt app is updated with a newer version of PractiScore.

Just go to Practiscore and click the Download APK link. Copy the APK file to a SD card, insert the SD card in each Nook and click on the APK file to install it.

You've also got Dropbox on your nooks specifically for this reason. Set up Dropbox on your computer. Setup the nooks to the same Dropbox. Download and copy the .apk file to Dropbox. Then goto the nooks, start Dropbox there, and tap to install the .apk file that magically appears there. Seriously, you can update a fleet of nooks like this in less than 10 minutes.

I'm running 1.2.12 on the master and on the scoring nooks this weekend. The 1.2.15 crash I experienced scared me away from trying it. Although, I am going to try to replicate sometime today so that I can submit a detailed bug report.

You've also got Dropbox on your nooks specifically for this reason. Set up Dropbox on your computer. Setup the nooks to the same Dropbox. Download and copy the .apk file to Dropbox. Then goto the nooks, start Dropbox there, and tap to install the .apk file that magically appears there. Seriously, you can update a fleet of nooks like this in less than 10 minutes.

What version of Dropbox are you using? I thought the current version did not work on Nooks.

Tried this out last night on one of the NST's. After setting up dropbox on computer copied .apk to folder in dropbox then tried to access file from dropbox on NST and it complained because there wasn't an SD card installed. If I have to have an SD card installed I might as well put the .apk on it and install that way instead of dorking around with dropbox. I'll have more time to fool with it over the weekend so I'll see if I can figure it out.

What version of Dropbox are you using? I thought the current version did not work on Nooks.

Rootnscoreit installs Dropbox as part of the package.

Tried this out last night on one of the NST's. After setting up dropbox on computer copied .apk to folder in dropbox then tried to access file from dropbox on NST and it complained because there wasn't an SD card installed. If I have to have an SD card installed I might as well put the .apk on it and install that way instead of dorking around with dropbox. I'll have more time to fool with it over the weekend so I'll see if I can figure it out.
Yes, it does. Should have mentioned that. This is why I get a $2-$3 microsd card for every nook, install it, and LEAVE it there. I don't enjoy twiddling with those tiny cards but still like the undeniable convenience of Dropbox in this application. Edited by wgnoyes

Yes, it does. Should have mentioned that. This is why I get a $2-$3 microsd card for every nook, install it, and LEAVE it there. I don't enjoy twiddling with those tiny cards but still like the undeniable convenience of Dropbox in this application.

Oh, okay. Thanks, Bill. Looks like I'll be picking up 5 micro SD cards on the way home.

Yes, it does. Should have mentioned that. This is why I get a $2-$3 microsd card for every nook, install it, and LEAVE it there. I don't enjoy twiddling with those tiny cards but still like the undeniable convenience of Dropbox in this application.

Oh, okay. Thanks, Bill. Looks like I'll be picking up 5 micro SD cards on the way home.

I was reluctant to go with Dropbox, but now that I've tried it, I'm sold. THANKS Bill. So much easier to update...just open dropbox, click on file and it installs. Next Nook...

Micro SD cards at retailers are pretty expensive...$10 for 8 gb. You can find them a lot cheaper on the internet and sometimes you can find a pack of them...that's how I went about it.

If you have a micro center anywhere near you, they practically give the damn things away, and you only need a 2gb card. Also look on amazon. I bought 8gb sandisk microsd cards with sdcard adapters for <$5 each some months back.

Something else (and this is nothing personal, no affront intended, I've just seen this from our kind for years and years), it never ceases to amaze me that we will go out and happily spend $3000 or more (usually much more now from a "name" pistolsmith) on a competition gun, around $150 a pop for tuned magazines, buku $$ more for holsters, mag pouches, belts, other rigs, 4 digits for a reloading press, etc, etc, and then bemoan having to pay anything more than $40 for a nook or the cost of a mcdonald's burger for a memory card. We are creatures of extremes. :lol:

Edited by wgnoyes

Bill the $3,000 dollar gun is something fun, the Nooks and SD cards are like underware, you need them, but you're not going to get overly excited about them.

OK, back to the Dropbox question. I did not use RootnScoreit to root my Nooks, nor am I going to reroot 15 Nooks two weeks before or big state match. So my question is, what version of the Dropbox app are you using?

Edited by jdphotoguy

Micro SD cards at retailers are pretty expensive...$10 for 8 gb. You can find them a lot cheaper on the internet and sometimes you can find a pack of them...that's how I went about it.

Yup. Local Wally World wanted $10 for 16GB. I can find 8GB on Amazon for under $5. I'll just pick some up the next time I order from Amazon.

Yeah, this one. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rssakl4nhulw16u/Dropbox.apk

And no, you shouldn't change your whole world 2 weeks out from a major match. We had a month-long software change freeze in place before Area 6.

Thanks for the link and yes, I've had a freeze on software updates for about two months since our range was closed for almost a month due to flooding.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...1.2.15 not quite ready for production yet. I'll post on Mantis Bug Reports as soon as I can,,,but here is what happened today's USPSA Match.

1) 15-20 seconds to open Practiscore. (I have one non-active SC match loaded with 32 divisions (Rimfire Challenge))

2) Couple crashes during syncs.

3) Match Results "By Category" returns divisional results. Clicked on Combined (All divisions) and it brings up categories, BUT a DQ'ed shooter registered as Senior shows up as a Junior. {Now I'm really confused :blink: }.

4) Import registration into EXWin fails with "None" in a USPSA number field. (edited the reg.txt file and removed the "NONE" and imported ok.

5) A DQ'ed shooter did not come into EXWin as DQ'ed.

With a State Rimfire Challenge Match coming up in June, I'm wondering what version I need to go back to? What is last stable version? Bill?

We ran Area 6 with 1.2.12 for stage devices, and 1.6.1 on iPad masters. It was the absolute largest match scored yet where rooted nooks were used on the stages. Now, that's USPSA. I have no idea what you need for steel.

Bill, most of those issues are also present in 1.2.12. For instance, DQ is not transfered to ezws, because of limitation of the import/export format. The best is to report issues as soon as you can, we will look at them.

I almost said that about dq's as I thought I remembered they weren't brought over because of the palm transfer code in ezws, I just wasn't sure. Thanks.

Regardless, 1.2.12 did the job for at Area 6 adequately in its assigned role of data collection.