Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

February

benos

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Shooter grrl comes in just under the wire - she finally gets it! Nice guess work. Jerry Barrnhart, 1988, underpowered ammo was the answer I was looking for. I'm sure there were more (answers), but since I'm in charge... well, you know the rest. And, (Flex), even though it was a guess, I'm only excited because I didn't think anyone was going to get it. And on the last day even. Also, I had no clue today was March! I forgot about the February thing. I'd better get to work on a new question. Shooter grrl, send me your address in an message or email and I'll ship er out.

be

• 11 months later...

Okay, the first rule for this month's question is - DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL BILL WILSON, WILSON COMBAT, OR ANYONE RELATED TO ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR, KNOWS, OR HAS EVER KNOWN BILL WILSON. Ya folla?

Now that we got that clear, the (three-part) question:

-What was Bill Wilson's trade before he became a gunsmith? (Easy)

-Where was he trained to do it? (His original trade.) (The stumper)

-What major shooting tournament did he win, twice? (Easy)

As usual, the first to post all three correct answers in one post wins a book. (Or whatever else you can try to wrangle me out of.)

good luck!

be

Oh, I almost forgot - thanks to BrianH for tirelessly providing questions... even if he's a tad off now and then.

;)

Wow, I feel like I've been set up. ;)

This month is over before it started as jmaass nailed it, with authority. Send me your info in an email and I'll ship you out a book. My gut told me this might have been too easy... but i thought the "where was he trained" might stump folks for a few days at least. I'll see if I can come up with another question... just for fun.

be

I recalled reading about Wilson's training, but couldn't call up the details, and diligent web searching didn't turn up the answer.  I almost guessed an obscure European country with chocolate and cuckoo clocks.

I searched through my collection of old (mid-80s) American Handgunners, and my photocopied gunsmith articles from my "1993 Gunsmith Hunt" notebook, but balked at digging the plastic bin of old Front Sights out (always consumes a full day when I open that box).

I finally found the 2nd part of the answer on page 10 of Wilson's book "The Combat Auto"!

I have a well-worn copy of The Book in my bookcase, but I will find a worthy Junior shooter at our Circleville USPSA/IPSC matches this year to become the owner of The Prize.

Ouch, you guys are harsh. Especially considering the amount of work jmaass so willingly shared on how he figured it out. He certainly deserves it! He also sent me a ladies world team pic, in which it would be extremely difficult to identify the ladies. I might post it... just for fun.

be

At the time that the UK made their sport difficult for them, I considered offering to allow all of them to come stay here in Ohio with me, but several of them had (and likely have) boyfriends or husbands who shoot better than me, and were already likely  in a grumpy mood...

Discretion is the better....

Someone has to know at least one or two of their first names!

(I can be bribed!)