Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

February

benos

I have about 5 minutes before I'm off for the Shot Show, so here's this months question, graciously provided by Brian Hawley, again.

Name the "GM level" shooter to get DQ'd from the Biachi Cup.

Proivde:

Shooters name

The Year

And the reason...

I hope this one keeps you guessin, at least until I get back from the Shot Show next week. I might take my machine with me...

May the winner need a book, or some Slide-Glide at least.

be

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I could come up with was Kenn Tapp getting DQ'ed on the plates in '89.  He had some sort of monopod that was deemed an "artificial support".

OK  Ichiro Nagata was DQ'ed in '94 on the plates for dropping his gun from the holster.

(Edited by Rich Bagoly at 11:38 pm on Feb. 2, 2002)

Julien,

Think it through buddy; if you win, I have to cough up the international postage!

Rich,

Your answer is good (and correct, he had a monopod on the barrel), but unfortunately it's not the one I was thinking of.

be

Actually my last answer was not a guess.  I figured it was also not what you were looking for.  I had just found a new stash of old American Handgunner's, and ran across that one almost instantly.  I expected to find more, and decided to fling them up as fast as they came out.  It was not to be so.  Coverage of the Bianchi Cup was sparse, and they were not dealing the dirt.

(Edited by Rich Bagoly at 10:31 pm on Feb. 9, 2002)

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce Nelson was one, Jerry Barnhart was another, but unfortunately my source(Ray Chapman himself) doesn't remember which years these were.  He was very sure that it was Bruce and his wife for power factor and that Jerry even asked to try his ammo with a new BarSto barrel to see if it would make PF then.

It was Col. Mustard, in the Library, with a wrench!  Oh wait, wrong game.

I do recall that it was Jerry Barnhart who didn't make the PF.  I'm going to guess the year and say 1990.

I wasn't there but I  think the story when something like this.  They were testing his .38 Super ammo in a gun other than his.  This "test" gun had a 5 inch bbl. where his Super had a 6 inch bbl.  They refused to let him chrono using his gun.  Someone said something to Jerry like, "Wow, you got greased on that one!"  I think Jerry's response was something like, "I don't recall them using any grease." Ouch!

Mike

Shooter grrl,

Incorrect. :) But, this raises and interesting consideration. Since you received a book as a gift, won by Pat Harrison, should this mean that you are ineligible to win/receive again? (According to The Rules.) Or, should the rules be changed to wipe the slate at the beginning of each year?

;)

Quote: from benos on 1:15 pm on Feb. 27, 2002

But, this raises and interesting consideration. Since you received a book as a gift, won by Pat Harrison, should this mean that you are ineligible to win/receive again?

Mon Dieu!  Bureaucracy rears its ugly head in the Forum...