Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

T-Shirts

benos

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also like the pocket size front, medium on back.

Being in the SW you might find this odd.  But, how about a long sleeve version.  You remember the Ohio weather right Brian?  With long sleeves you could put something on the sleeve itself.  (BrianEnos.com)

(Edited by Flexmoney at 11:15 am on June 26, 2001)

Ross's contact...lol is very good, Mike and I just had shirts done and they're great! The same individual did our Team Canada shirts last year at the Pan-Ams and they were so good teams from other countries almost ripped them off our backs trying to barter for them.

Pat

Jon,

Yes, pocket size but no pocket. I think I like the guys suggestions on just a custom yin/yang logo on the front, and the be.com on the back.

On colors, I was thinking of just white on black or black on white - you guys want tricky colors too?

be

Yeah, white is a pretty good basic color for a tee, especially in the summer (and you're running around in the blazing sun). I'm rather partial to tan myself (I'm a desert rat), and tan is a little more forgiving of dirt than white (do you really want to shoot prone in a white shirt?), but I'd go with any light color over a dark color for sure.

As for the signage, I like the pocket-sized yin-yang on the front in black and white (maybe black and red), and suggest this for the back (centered) in whatever color Brian likes:

TEAM ENOS

"]http://www.brianenos.com

unless Brian dislikes the "Team Enos" thing. I think it's rather cool, myself. Not that I'm into hero worship, mind you , but I do think highlighting the name is a way of signaling concordance with the philosophies Brian espouses and implicitly recommending them. Which, IMO, is the point of wearing the shirt.

BTW, I'm the opposite of small and like to wear my tee shirts (which is about the only kind of shirt I wear outside of very formal settings) loose, so I request and recommend offering at least XXL and XXXL sizes (at additional cost as necessary).

Also, I recommend going with good, solid tees that are pre-shrunk and have a thick weave, because we can assume they're going to see some action. And I HATE starting off with an XXXL that becomes an XL after a few washings.

My $0.02.

LOA

Red, white, and black are the colors of the ubiquitous STI shirts you'll see everybody and his dog wearing at an STI contingency match. (Not to mention at non-contingency matches, but don't get me started.)

If you want to make a useful shooting shirt, it has to be cool and light for the summer. It needs a dark stripe on the gun side so it doesn't show oil and soot from your gun.

Great imput guys, thanks!

(Especially on the STI thing. I forgot.) Do we need fancy colors or are just the basics OK? Like white, black, TAN, ....

I'm definitely with you on the "www.brianenos.com" - don't like the http crap. And, I have to say, I don't like the Team Enos thing. I think just the be.com is cool.

On size, I was thinking of M, L, XL, - just to keep down initial inventory. (I basically function out of my girlfriends (Ghost Cat's) apartment.) Now I'm seein we might need XXL - anyone else on this. OFG's? :)

be

Remember, you don't need the "www" if space is tight. The brianenos.com domain resolves to the "www" server. (And nobody is going to try ftp.brianenos.com.)

[Edited cuz the BBSware thought my unquoted "www" were URLs.]

(Edited by Erik Warren at 1:49 pm on June 28, 2001)

A few people are talking about picking a color that won't show dirty easily.  The shirts are obviously going to get dirty because people will be shooting in them.  Sounds like a good idea.

Fucntion first.

Are we limited in the number of colors for some reason?  

And, while I don't want a big pocket, is there a way to get an affordable shirt with a little tiny 'barney bullet' pocket?