Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What I appreciate

bonedaddy

In the weeks I have been lurking/posting here I have felt that I began learning again.   I live somewhere west of the middle of nowhere and rarely get to "local" club matches.  Local is a fifty mile drive one way.  I'm the only dedicated IPSC shooter in a town of 4,500 shooters and probably 50,000 guns.  I hit a plateau a long time ago and was really getting frustrated.  But the discussion and coaching here has got me moving again.   They posted classifier scores at USPSA yesterday and my average is up 5%!!!   I have been in a hole guys,  but today I was walking on air.   I only get to see my shooting buddies maybe twice a month and that isn't enough.   So, brainenos.com is my "virtual club" and I pay my dues by occasional purchases from the main web site.   I just wanted to say thanks for the help and the fun.  And to ask everyone to remember to shop the homepage and  help nourish these forum pages.    Maybe we can figure a way to shoot a postal match or something, the way "American Handgunner" used to do.   It might make a decent fund raiser for the site?   Whadda ya think, Ghost Dog?

Glad to hear your sucess Bonedaddy, the American Handgunner Match continues, it can be found on the ipsc website. I posted details on the old forum, with the hope that a few of the 'guys' would enter and give us something to talk about. This years match must be shot before the end of this month.

I guess the USPSA /IPSC thing may have caused the demise of this match in the US.

P.D.

Ghost dog, I hear you!   Sorry, I didn't mean to line up more work for you.   Maybe some of us can figure out a way to shoot the same stages and report back with observations and scores. Sort of an e-mail postal match,  or maybe not.  Just thinkning out loud.   But this place is GREAT.

How 'bout opening a new catagory (topic) on the board.  Have a thread for each classifier (as they are shot).  Each person can post their times and points.  They can edit their post, adding their new score, each time they shoot it.