Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Velcro only Match saverz

jonny4523

I made my version of a matchsaverz at work and used the heavy duty velcro, it was the type where both sides are hard and balls on the ejd. Works great and I use it on my fuel control module on my bike. It worked for local matches, went to TFD for ly first major, and lost it after 4 stages. But...all the rain, mud and literally throwing it in a dump bucket, I'm sure it was in the bucket, jist couldn't see it in the 4in of water at the bottom.

I just bought one and i am going to screw it on this time.

Good to know. Been wondering about this myself. I also made my matchsaverz type device and so far just used velcro with it practicing at home with no issues. Wanted to play with it a bit and see if I like it before I go drilling holes and putting screws in my new Versamax.

I've tried Velcro and it didn't work for me. I figured 3M Dual Lock would be the ticket since it's several times stronger than traditional hook and loop and I've had great success with it for different applications, but it didn't cut it either. Both cases it held for a few shots, then I watched it fly off out of the corner of my eye. I think it's worth using to figure out where you want it, but if you only use Velcro it may not be there in a match when you need it.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the velcro only route and even just in practice it would move too much for my liking. So I did a bunch of different angles and positions to make sure it was exactly where I wanted it. Drilled and mounted in my mossberg and ran it yesterday in my intro to 3gun class and it was definitely worth it.

Edited by Cajuntransplant

If you have not seen (or tried) the Shooters Source "One Shot Shell holder" you should take a look. Less money, an actual part designed and produced for the task. More reliable and does not suffer from heat relaxation. I mounted up three last week and finally got around to putting one on my own VersaMax. Very fast.

Comes with a hard mount and a velcro mount option.