Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon World Shooting Championship - presented by the NRA

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how much did Daniel win total and how much did anyone else win?

Hard to tell since the segment results havent been posted, but if Daniel won overall, a couple of stages and one or two segments, it should have been around 60k, give or take. Maybe 10-ish for second place, assuming a segment and stage win and somewhere between 5-10 for the next two-three guys.

Not counting whatever they got from the prize tables.

Edited by gose

So how much did Daniel win total and how much did anyone else win?

Hard to tell since the segment results havent been posted, but if Daniel won overall, a couple of stages and one or two segments, it should have been around 60k, give or take. Maybe 10-ish for second place, assuming a segment and stage win and somewhere between 5-10 for the next two-three guys.

Not counting whatever they got from the prize tables.

I am curious how it all paid out.

The reason I didn't go is because the payouts were setup ridiculously. If you're going to pay $50-75,000 to the winner and second place gets $3,000 then you better have true professional athletes that are getting paid to shoot because only one guy is making enough on this match to make a living shooting. Since I can only think of maybe 12 guys that aren't in the AMU that earn a living shooting competitions. I only see a few of them listed in the results. This payout schedule was not very well thought out. Heck if you didn't finish top 5 or so you didn't cover your entry fee in cash payouts.

I would have love to attend this event. Heck I even paid the $500 entry fee to do so. But I withdrew because I can only afford to spend so much on my shooting sports hobbie.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I can't think of 12 JT...who is on your list?

Maybe I can't either.

Jerry Miculek

Max Michel

Dave Sevigny

Travis Tomasie

Doug Koening (not sure of he has a day job)

Rob Latham

Todd jarrett

Mike Seeklander

Taran Butler

Not sure if BJ Norris and Di Liedorff or Lena & Kay Miculek do anything outside shooting for a profession.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I can't think of 12 JT...who is on your list?

Maybe I can't either.

Jerry Miculek

Max Michel

Dave Sevigny

Travis Tomasie

Doug Koening (not sure of he has a day job)

Rob Latham

Todd jarrett

Mike Seeklander

Taran Butler

Not sure if BJ Norris and Di Liedorff or Lena & Kay Miculek do anything outside shooting for a profession.

And even on that list, I would think for quite a few a decent chunk of their income is from training and/or selling stuff, not just from shooting competitions.

Damn that's not bad for a weeks work. With the $10,000 from Crimson Trace, $19,000 from 3GN thus far Daniel is might be the highest paid enlisted guy in the Army!

If you dont stop him from taking hte 3GN 50k, he'll be one of the best paid in the whole navy ;)

The prize table was stacked with guns. I took 25th pro and walked away with a Franchi Over-Under!

Secondly - if you won over 3k in cash they didn't let those guys walk the prize table.

Did they have separate prize tables for the stages and segments as well, or was it just one table for overall?

AWARDS NOTE: Shooters may or may not shoot all stages of the match. Not shooting a certain stage will decrease the overall match score but NOT PROHIBIT a shooter from winning individual stages or a segment or segments.

• First Place: $50,000
  • Lady Champion: $5,000 (FYI - Ladies can win both first place & lady champion cash award!)
  • Pistol Segment Winner: $5,000
  • Rifle Segment Winner: $5,000
  • Shotgun Segment Winner: $5,000
  • Combined Firearms Sport Segment: $5,000
  • Second Place Overall: $3,000
  • Third Place Overall: $2,000
  • Fourth Place Overall: $1,000
  • Stage Winners $1,000
  • Side Match Winners: $1,000
  • In addition to over $100,000 cash awards, WSC will have $200,000 in prize table awards

From the outside, it seems like the scoring and stage selections heavily favor 3-gunners/action shooters.

I'm guessing even a national champion hi power or bullseye shooter is unlikely to get more than 50% of Daniel or Pat on a 3-Gun/USPSA stage, where as a decent 3-gunner is probably going to get quite a bit more than 50% on the static rifle and pistol stages.

Would be interesting to hear thoughts from you guys that were actually there and if this was discussed with any of the guys coming from other disciplines?