Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I like my ball python

bird

I love reptiles, (need to get more lizards and geckos)

My python lives next to my gun safe in a nook in my house.

Most people never see my safe once they see my buddy ball....

I have a "thing" for reptiles--pre-historic creatures that are still alive in the 21st century.

They must have done something right to survive all these eons.

I guess i am just weird...

My first inspiration in life was to be a herpatologist. (sp)

Needless to say, I'm a snake (freak) man myself. I never pass up the opportunity to make a catch - even panicking passengers in my van when I make a screaching halt, fling open the door and go tearing off into the desert...

be

I once knew a girl who owned a python. His name was Ka. He tended to stay down along the central heating unit in Melissa's room. Melissa lived in one of those houses in Seattle that had about half a dozen people living in it. You know the deal, no one person can afford the rent, so you've got a bunch of people, each of whom pays their part of the rent and has their own room. One of the other tenants was a guy named Darryl, a friend of Melissa's.

So I come in one day and Melissa is really depressed and pouting. I ask her what's wrong.

"Darryl broke my snake."

"What do you mean?"

"He accidentally stepped on Ka. It was horrible. It just writhed in agony, and it took forever to die. We just stood around and didn't know what to do."

"Oh. It's too bad I wasn't here. They taught me how to kill a snake in RECONDO school. You just grab it by the tail and snap it like a whip, up against the nearest hard object. And that breaks its neck and bashes its head and kills it. If I'd been here I could've helped you with your problem like [snap!] that."

For some reason she wasn't amused. I don't understand why. I'm a funny guy.

This make me mad...I go away for a couple of days and a topic opens itself up for hundreds of knotty comments.  And Chriss, I have always wanted a good pair of rattle snake boots.

I don't have a problem with reptiles, especially lizards.  It those dame spider.  Not the little ones.  When it big enough it see if its smiling at me,  it's TOO big.

I'm with Chriss, Snakes are for boots or belts.  That said, my stepson lived with us for five with his two snakes ---- in tanks with thirty lbs. of weight on top of the lid.  Why the weights? It seems he took me seriously when I told him that loose snakes in my house were an excuse for shotgun practice..... As if I'd shoot up my walls, floor, furniture......

I had a friend that had a rather large snake and when it died I asked him if I could have it. He asked why I said so I could have matching boots and belt. He said only if he could have my dog for the same reason. I guess he really like his snake.