Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN FNS Longslide

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. I have not looked at mine close enough to determine that. FNH is notorious for using captured recoil springs that are held in place with split rings. So, that would be be first thought.

After getting no results from searching for a replacement recoil guide rod and spring for the FNS longslide. I modified the factory recoil spring using a file and plier. It now shoots fine with my 147gr reloads. The Glock flat wire recoil spring has the same specs as the FNS factory spring.

post-34290-0-62713900-1429288881_thumb.j

post-34290-0-78995200-1429288983_thumb.j

post-34290-0-96882300-1429289216_thumb.j

Edited by Wilfred

I just saw a Youtube Vid yesterday where the guy cut the recoil spring, striker spring, and striker return spring.

Looks like some info is coming around. You can buy all the springs for about $20 and experiment with them.

My hesitation with the recoil spring is that I am running coated bullets with barely any crimp. Yesterday, out of 100 rounds, I can one that needed a firm palm strike to the back of the slide to go into battery.

Getting a softer recoil while maintaining reliability is an interesting challenge.

Good question. I have not looked at mine close enough to determine that. FNH is notorious for using captured recoil springs that are held in place with split rings. So, that would be be first thought.

After getting no results from searching for a replacement recoil guide rod and spring for the FNS longslide. I modified the factory recoil spring using a file and plier. It now shoots fine with my 147gr reloads. The Glock flat wire recoil spring has the same specs as the FNS factory spring.

did you buy a Glock spring? From where? How much?

FN only sells the assembly, and it is like $14...

did you buy a Glock spring? From where? How much?

FN only sells the assembly, and it is like $14...

I got the springs from shooters connection.

Hi,

I just put a FNS 9mm LS on my local dealers to get list. I plan to do almost nothing to the gun except a little polishing and changing the sights.

Question, it looks like the mags are very similar to Browning HP mags in the tube dimensions as pertinent to mag carriers???? Yes?

What holster is recommended for Production?

Kind Regards,

Edited by rhett45acp

Hi,

I just put a FNS 9mm LS on my local dealers to get list. I plan to do almost nothing to the gun except a little polishing and changing the sights.

Question, it looks like the mags are very similar to Browning HP mags in the tube dimensions as pertinent to mag carriers???? Yes?

What holster is recommended for Production?

Kind Regards,

A- most any universal 9/.40 mag pouch will work. I just use a few Bladetech double mag pouches for now and they work alright.

B- I make Kydex Shells for the FNS Long that are compatible with the BOSS, Bladetech, Blackhawk, Safariland belt mounting systems.

Here is the holster I use for USPSA Prod:

10268515_303794419788782_535868810847563

I hate to be negative or criticize anyone but that guy is an idiot. The striker channel on any striker fired pistol should not be lubricated at all, especially with WD40.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up my FNS-9 LS last week, but I have been traveling so no time to play. I did order some Springer Precision basepads for the 8 mags. Safariland is supplying me a complete rig. (belt holster carriers).

About the video above, yes the guy is a bit ~12324, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut. I plan on doing the polishing compound on the trigger bar/hoop. Else, I am going to shoot it as is. Will spray black the sights for now. Dawson will make a front sight for me once I establish it's current zero. The rear sight I am open to ideas.

• 3 months later...

Warren tactical makes rear sights for the fns, I'm thinking that's going to happen pretty quick and I ordered up a red hill tactical holster for it with the springer hanger that looks righteous and some base pads. I went a little overboard for a 'could be fun' gun but hey that's what it's all about.

Edited by Akkid17

What size notch and front blade did you go with? I'm looking at the .125 rear and .115 front since I like to have just a little bit of light on the sides of the front sight

Edited by Akkid17

The 9mm FN 9mm Longslide is awesome. One of the 3 best pistols I handled at WarSport 3 gun. I had to clear around 250 pistols. The FN 9mm Longslide as shot by Joe Satterfield with trigger work by Dave Sevigny was almost as good as Infinity and better than almost all the Glocks I handled. Really awesome gun when set up right.

Perfect, that'll narrow up nicely with the .125 with the bigger front. I'm pretty excited to get my hand on the new pistol I'm stuck out of town until Friday and then I get to pick up my new hotness!

I was waffling back and for the between this and the Walther m2 5" and another shooter picked one up so I had to be different but I really like the Walther and the trigger is phenomenal on those things. The grip is a little small for me but still comfy so I think I may see if I can borrow it for a good range day and have myself a little informal comparison day. Any reason to spend the day at the range really!

The 9mm FN 9mm Longslide is awesome. One of the 3 best pistols I handled at WarSport 3 gun. I had to clear around 250 pistols. The FN 9mm Longslide as shot by Joe Satterfield with trigger work by Dave Sevigny was almost as good as Infinity and better than almost all the Glocks I handled. Really awesome gun when set up right.

I would sure love to have Dave work over my trigger... Or at least knew what he does so I can do it myself.

Mine is right at 4.5-5# right now with all stock springs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That is a great trigger if it is at 4.5 lb break completely stock. The 2 I've owned were quite heavier. About 2 years ago, I emailed sevigny performance and talked to Brooke (Dave's wife) and she said they would not do any trigger jobs. I wonder if that is different now.

Edited by Polymer

Mine was 6.5-7# stock.

I detail stripped the pistol and smoothed/polished ask the contact points I could identify.

After that, the trigger was at 5#. After a few months of use, the trigger is 4.5# when measured in the lower 3rd of the trigger.

I'm thinking the clipping the striker spring could get it down to the 3-3.5# range, but, I dint want to sacrifice any reliability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk