Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next Glock? What will your next one be?

steviesterno

So I'm coming up on my first year of GSSF, so if I don't win a Glock at the next GSSF match, I'll be up for the good deal to buy one. I'm trying to figure out which I should get next!

I currently have a gen 4 17 with good sights on it, and that's what I'm going to use for a couple divisions in GSSF. Also, borrowing a buddy's 21 for the day to shoot heavy metal. I only run M&P and 1911s in all my other competitions for limited minor, 3 gun, and have another that's open. But I thought it might be fun to get something new or different.

I can't decide which model to go with! I only load 9 and 45, so that's what I'd like to stick with. I like the idea of a 26, so I can carry a tiny high-capacity 9mm that will take real mags in a pinch. I could also shoot it in an extra division of GSSF.

I'm also kind of smitten with the idea of a 41, a big, bad-ass 45. Couldn't carry that, but I could keep it in the truck. I'm also not sure which divisions it will be allowed in for GSSF, and if it's just competition, probably wouldn't be any better than my 17.

What do you guys think? What will your next block be and why?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you enjoy shooting GSSF and you only have a 17 I would go with a G30S. You can compete in Heavy metal, Major Sub and Subcompact in addition to the Civ/Guard, Competition, Master stock and Unlimited your 17 is better suited for.

Although I would love a G41, just because but I believe it is only allowed in competition/unlimited.

I shoot my G21 in USPSA Production and Limited 10. I shoot Production with a PF of 140, but Limited 10 I do right at a PF of 170.

Way less recoil than my G35.

I'm waiting on a G41.

Edited by atbarr

Why a 19 if I already have a 17? Legal for all the same divisions.

I like the idea if a tiny 45. Would be good for major sub and a good carry gun. But the 41 is reaching out to me

cause a 19 is easier to conceal but still has great capacity at 15. I have a 17, 19, and a 34. The 19 I carry. The 34 is for USPSA and IDPA. The 17 hasn't been touched. I was thinking the 17 would be for home defense and/or combat tactical classes.....

The 26.....I just didn't care for. It's fat like a 17 and 19 but the grip is shorter than I care for. The 19 is just a great all around gun. Small enough to conceal but big enough to fight with......

Edited by 3djedi

My constraint is I don't want to add a caliber, and 10mm, while bad-ass, would do that. Hoping to stick with 9 or 45. Is that stubby 45 Slim Frame any slimmer than a 21? I shot one of those last year, and it felt like I was trying to give a reach around to a 4x4 of cheap lumber

My constraint is I don't want to add a caliber, and 10mm, while bad-ass, would do that. Hoping to stick with 9 or 45. Is that stubby 45 Slim Frame any slimmer than a 21? I shot one of those last year, and it felt like I was trying to give a reach around to a 4x4 of cheap lumber

If the 21 you shot was an SF frame then it the same 4x4 but if not then you will be pleasantly surprised with the reduction. I would go to your lgs and feel the difference between a standard and an SF frame. Even with my giant mitts I prefer the slimmer ones. Hope this helped.

Another vote for the G26, a good choice for GSSF. I shoot mine better than a G19, very accurate for its size. Comfortable for CCW, too.

Personally, a Gen 4 G23 is next on my list. I sold a Gen 3 a couple months back, and haven't yet replaced it with the newer model.

sent via Tapatalk

Edited by Black&TAN