Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone ever used Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x24

I'll throw in my .02 for what its worth.

I'd would use the red or green (your color preference) triangle in the TR-24.

I've used the TR-21 (the old 1.25-4x) with a red triangle for years with good success. IMHO You don't need stadia lines for targets out to 350 just know your zero and trajectory for different distances. With my rifle and load and a 200 zero its1.5" high at 100 and 7" low at 300. That's a nearly a dead on hold for most targets we shoot. This kind of homework saves time trying to figure out which line to use for which target. The TR is a clear scope with 1 point to look at and when I want I have a REALLY bright red thing to point at the close stuff.

Don't take my word ask Taran or Nils.

Edited by TMC

I'll give you credit for a quarter with that...much appreciated. Just trying to see if anyone has any experience with that BAC reticle...looks like that would be pretty handy for 3 gun shooting. I've had great luck with Trijicon and the prices have really came down on these. I agree on your explanation on bullet drop compensation on most shots...thanks.

Great scope. I like red. Awesome on BAC, have to practice with it a lot-not necessarily shooting, but getting what you want to see in it. On 4x the reticle 4.2 MOA, so you hold on the bottom of triangle, bottom left, bottom right. If you need more than that you are shooting a Horner match, and have to get the dope on the target distance etc. Taran uses one, Nils also as TMC pointed out. BDC reticles are somewhat useful. We are not sniping. DVC

Man, you all are making too much sense of all this...I'm so used to getting conflicting info...thanks for simplifying this for me...grabagun has the red BAC for a pretty good deal...think I will order one...putting it in a Larue SPR to go on my Rainier Arms RUC MOD 2 that is arriving Monday.

Thanks again,

Scott

I shoot a Swarovski Z6i gen 2, Burris MTAC, and a TR-24. The TR-24 is my favorite scope. Great field of view, forgiving eye box, big red triangle that works in all light conditions and very good glass. The only downside is targets past 300 there is not stadia as TMC said.

I see great deals on used ones all the time on here or on snipers hide.

just sold my trijicon 1-4x24 with green dot. really loved it, nice bright glass, green dot got me on target very fast. just that 4x hasn't been enough magnification for me lately, with some unpainted and shaded and obscured targets.

having some hash marks would be nice for holdovers but at 3 gun distances not a huge deal if you know target size

• 4 weeks later...