Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP billet upper or Mega billet upper?

jriggs

what's the group consensus???? two billet uppers...one is twice the cost of the other. is the JP upper that good? I know they make great stuff but DAMN...that's a lit of fun bucks for a slick side upper!

what's the group consensus???? two billet uppers...one is twice the cost of the other. is the JP upper that good? I know they make great stuff but DAMN...that's a lit of fun bucks for a slick side upper!

depends if you drink the kool aid....

OOOOOOH YEEEEEAAAAAH!

I just need a slick side upper without a dust cover. I'm a lefty and the cover hides about 60% of the ambi release and the forward assist gets in the way when I grab for the charging handle.

If in the near future I was planning on grabbing a JP low mass carrier and stuff...I figured I'd just buy the JP upper but them saw the price tag and started looking around. Other drawback I see is that NOBODY has any mega uppers in stock

But I'm sort of stuck between the two.....

Edited by jriggs

Same issue here as a LH operator.

The issue I have with the DPMS Lo- Pro is there are no m4 feed ramps, no deflector and the unit will not work with a Troy handguard due to the thickness of the DPMS unit and the Troy design. - Something to think about.

I have the DPMS unit on another rifle and it is well made and thick.

I was looking also for a deflector and M4 feedramp equipped mil-spec upper with no forward assist.(That will also work with a Troy HG.)

Even with a well designed ambi charging handle the FA gets in the way for a LH operator.

Thanks for the advice... And I did throw my business their way. I read through some stuff online and saw everything they do for 3 gun as a sport...placed the order and I should have a new billet CTR upper receiver here Thursday morning :)

Edited by jriggs