Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightening Trigger Pull and Polishing Internals

jlat32

• 3 weeks later...

I also started playing around with hammer springs. Didn't have much time to try multiple springs over the weekend, but put in the 13# spring and the pull came in a bit over 2#. Has enough of a wall that I can feel it, but kinda rolls through it. Assuming it sets primers off, I'm going to run it like this for a while. I'll try a 14# and 15# hammer spring just to compare feel.

I'm running Henning's XL firing pin, which I've read is pretty much required to run a 13# hammer spring, and even then not everyone gets reliable ignition. If anyone can share experience, both good and bad, with a 13# hammer spring that would be great.

Update: 600 rounds and has set off every primer. Never touched the firing pin return spring and just left it stock. I like this gun even more now after this trigger work. If only the reset could be shortened so each time I try a friend's 2011 it doesn't make me want one...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, I'm simply having a brain fart but I finally got around to polishing my Limited and changing FP etc and my reset now on SA trigger seems to get "caught up or binds" when trigger resets. It does reset but not a smooth motion, it begins reset forward then it's like it meets some friction then resets. Am I making sense? Best way I know to describe it. Also is anyone running the CGW TRS or just factory trigger spring? I'd like to lighten the trigger some more but I don't wanna give up reliability for it since it's only a SA pull. Its about 3.5# right now

Also is anyone running the CGW TRS or just factory trigger spring? I'd like to lighten the trigger some more but I don't wanna give up reliability for it since it's only a SA pull. Its about 3.5# right now

I'm using the CGW reduced power TRS on all three of my Tanfoglios (all three have CZ sear springs) and just installed one in my CZ P-07 about 30 minutes ago. My two SAO Tanfos are at 2.5# and the DA/SA Limited Pro is at 3.5# in single action. The addition of the CZ sear spring and CGW RP-TRS reduced the trigger pull by 0.5# in each gun.

Edited by BrazeauRacing

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help? I have a stock 3 that was having trouble with single action pull. The best way I can describe it as, after cycling I pull the trigger and the hammer does not fall all the way and I have to continue pulling trigger as if pulling double action. I have only replaced hammer spring so far and nothing else. Any input would be appreciated.