Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top of the line stipple jobs

bigkyle72

I love the feel of stippling, as a glock shooter, it also gives you the distinct ability to get a more custom grip shape on your pistol with frame reduction before applying the new texture. But I'm in the mindset that it should work well, AND look great. The main difference between the better pro jobs and the amateur stuff is the finishing work... The super clean edges and smooth-as-glass reshaped areas.

Dakota Glock Guy- your stuff looks awesome

SSVI- the best edge work in the industry IMHO

I honestly can only think of a handful of companies that have work to this caliber... And it still blows my mind when top tier companies do phenomenal machine work, and have sloppy stippling (ZevTech/Glock Store)

Anyway, this got long, sorry. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The pics all look awesome.

Question, putting the texture all the way up and around the beaver tail of the Glock, does/can that irritate the soft, fleshy part of the web on (my girly) a persons hand? At least, on extended shooting outings to the range.

The pics all look awesome.

Question, putting the texture all the way up and around the beaver tail of the Glock, does/can that irritate the soft, fleshy part of the web on (my girly) a persons hand? At least, on extended shooting outings to the range.

Not on my guns they won't. I take the texture down quite a bit. Basically I do either an aggressive, medium, or mild variation of my texture. That high part of the grip tang would be even more mild than my "mild" texture. It doesn't even bother me, and I have girly hands, too!

• 2 weeks later...

The texturing itself I don't find to be very difficult, the finishing is really what seperates the amateurs from true professionals. You really see it in the work of some of the guys that have posted here as well as companies like Boresight Solutions, it totally blows my mind what the finished product looks like especially with scalloping of the mag release and the wet sanding to polish it afterwards, really quality work. Thats the kind of stuff I want to learn to do because im pretty good at applying the texture and making nice clean outlines. Heres a free plug for boresight because I think their work is top shelf and I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

http://www.boresightsolutions.com/home.html

• 3 weeks later...

The texturing itself I don't find to be very difficult, the finishing is really what seperates the amateurs from true professionals. You really see it in the work of some of the guys that have posted here as well as companies like Boresight Solutions, it totally blows my mind what the finished product looks like especially with scalloping of the mag release and the wet sanding to polish it afterwards, really quality work. Thats the kind of stuff I want to learn to do because im pretty good at applying the texture and making nice clean outlines. Heres a free plug for boresight because I think their work is top shelf and I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

http://www.boresightsolutions.com/home.html

after they stipple it they wet sand the frame?

• 1 month later...

In some sections, yes. Such as the bevel for the magazine well that they cut or underneath the trigger guard. Some of the stippling I've done I lightly sand parts of the grip where it may irritate your hand such as up by the beavertail and such that way I can keep the same pattern all around but its less aggressive where I want it to be.

For those of y'all who have already done this to your guns what's the most aggressive texture. Right now my guns.covered with skate tape and I like the aggressive grip but i don't like how itbpeels off and loses flgrip over time.

Edited by Dewberry

improves the rigidity of the frame ? Do you quench it in oil when its done?

I guess it reduces the flexibility of the plastic part due to the heat and texture applied. It could be good or bad. If it reach the point that its too brittle it could break w/ long use.

This is an example of a texture I like a lot using a tip that I made. When it's all done you can bring down any spots that feel too aggressive with a little fine grit sand paper. 2C7A49FE-2CF8-4C67-B760-DF091B5B922B_zps

That looks awesome.

How aggressive is it? Would you mind taking a picture of the tip you used for us?

Edited by Dewberry

If left untouched after stippling it's very aggressive but you can kind of sand to fit how you like it in certain areas. And I'll get a picture for ya, might take a day or two. It's basically just a brass tip that's ground to a square maybe 2.5-3mm wide or so.