Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon – Selling refurbished as new? (to dealers?)

Don't forget that there's always dishonest consumers who rather than take the time to return an item for warranty or simply replace something that they have perhaps misused and or broken that wouldn't normally be covered might buy something new, put their old used and broken shit back in the box, seal it and return it for a refund. Happens all the time...

That sounds like what happened. This one is on the dealer not dillon. Sounds like you have a shady dealer. Selling a quality name brand product, using broken items he bought online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by XxWoodsHunterxX

Don't forget that there's always dishonest consumers who rather than take the time to return an item for warranty or simply replace something that they have perhaps misused and or broken that wouldn't normally be covered might buy something new, put their old used and broken shit back in the box, seal it and return it for a refund. Happens all the time...

That sounds like what happened. This one is on the dealer not dillon. Sounds like you have a shady dealer. Selling a quality name brand product, using broken items he bought online.

I'd be more likely to suspect an unscrupulous customer that returned the used or broken item and the dealer didn't notice.

I'd be more likely to suspect an unscrupulous customer that returned the used or broken item and the dealer didn't notice.

What person let alone business that is trying to make a living selling items takes a return without looking at the product being returned. I had to return a diaper pale to babies r us that was broke out of the box when we had out first kid and they made me remove it from the box and show them what is broken. They said they had people bring bricks in a stroller box and return it before trying to pass it off as a broken stroller. As a business owner I would never take a return without verifying issues.

What person let alone business that is trying to make a living selling items takes a return without looking at the product being returned. I had to return a diaper pale to babies r us that was broke out of the box when we had out first kid and they made me remove it from the box and show them what is broken. They said they had people bring bricks in a stroller box and return it before trying to pass it off as a broken stroller. As a business owner I would never take a return without verifying issues.

Ok, but you are making the argument that no business would lack the discipline to not inspect a return but there are shady businesses that are selling broken items they bought online as new?

Ok, but you are making the argument that no business would lack the discipline to not inspect a return but there are shady businesses that are selling broken items they bought online as new?

I'm just saying someone screwed someone. Whether it be the business who sold the defective product or the customer with no integrity who returned the product. My thing is anyone who knows dillon warranty knows they pretty much fix or make right every issue even electronics.

Unfortunately the world is full of thieves and scoundrels. I've learned this first hand getting burned by someone on this forum. Every day thousands of people get ripped off by craigslist scams, the elderly get screwed, it's disgusting. Shit, I had to return three routers to Lowes because each and every one had been opened and was missing parts. Their easy return policy and lackadaisical inspection process insured that the "returned as new" merchandise made it back on the shelves. I don't shop for tools there anymore. Buy from a reputable dealer like Brian or Dillon and know that you'll be treated well. I've had to learn patience, a couple extra days wait won't kill me.

Unfortunately the world is full of thieves and scoundrels. I've learned this first hand getting burned by someone on this forum. Every day thousands of people get ripped off by craigslist scams, the elderly get screwed, it's disgusting. Shit, I had to return three routers to Lowes because each and every one had been opened and was missing parts. Their easy return policy and lackadaisical inspection process insured that the "returned as new" merchandise made it back on the shelves. I don't shop for tools there anymore. Buy from a reputable dealer like Brian or Dillon and know that you'll be treated well. I've had to learn patience, a couple extra days wait won't kill me.

What happened on here. I've always been sketchy about doing a fun deal with people in here. Biggest purchase was ammo and that was only around $700 and I was terrified I was going to get burned.

No issues w dillon gear. Being the mfg why would they sell refurb? Pulling a stunt like that wouldn't be tolerated by the real customer base. I've got a load of their gear and never had heli coils or repaired parts slid into my order

Hope this answers your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.