Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WCRHC 2014 USPSA matches, Romulus Michigan

Hello everyone!

WCRHC USPSA matches will run the 4th Sunday from April-October. Our match fees are $25 for non Members, $20 for WCRHC Members, and $10 for Junior shooters under the age of 18. There will be an additional $5 charge for the May Special Classifier match (does NOT apply to juniors). Normal discounts for those who help with Saturday setup and/or Match RO'ing.

Match registration runs from 8:30-9:30am at the club house (NOT the trailer on the range). We will have squad sheets with squad number cards so you can grab a card so you do not forget which squad you signed up for before you get to the Practiscore registration area (Please turn them in to the registration person). You will also have to fill out a release form to shoot the match. This form is supposed to be available on the WCRHC website soon ( http://www.raccoonhunters.org/ ). We will have them at registration also.

We had a workday on Saturday and cleaned up the ranges, repaired all the walls/props, replaced 10 large steel poppers, and built ~60 new target stands. The ranges are in decent shape with only 1 patch of ice at the trailer so all should be good for the April 27th match!

Our May 25th match will be a special classifier match. We know things will be hectic that weekend with the Ohio Sectional and it being a Holiday weekend. A large portion of our staff will be shooting the Ohio match on Saturday and returning to run the WCRHC match on Sunday - so please keep the excuses to a minimum!

Also please book mark and keep an eye on our IPSC66 website ( http://ipsc66.org/ ). We will be updating it more frequently and using it to pass along info.

For any of our International shooters, you can get the invitation letter from the MI Section website ( http://uspsamichigansection.org/ ). Look in the Section Documents tab.

Finally, Thursdays are our practice days and we plan to start in May. Keep an eye on the IPSC66 website for the date and any possible cancellations.

We look forward to seeing you at the matches,

Geoff Siembor (Registration and Stats)

Hello to all,

I hope you have enjoyed the Holiday weekend!

We have held our prematch meeting for the April 27th match and we will have 8 stages with a round count of about 206rds.

Anyone interested in helping with match setup, we will be meeting on Saturday at 2:00pm and hope to be completed by 5:00pm.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff

and the WCRHC USPSA crew

To all of those used to making the long trek to our club for our monthly matches, the effort will still be worth it. The nooks and wireless router are still being used, the props have seen a little maintenance, the ranges have been cleaned up a bit and the same great folks who built all the matches for you the past few years are still building the matches now. Remember to get there early as registration is first come, first served starting at 8:30am. Where else are are you going to get 8 level III quality stages for $25 for non members?

Talk to Jason Pearson or myself if you would like tickets to our wild game dinner on May 9th in Wyandotte. Cost is $40 per ticket and proceeds will be used for our berm project.

See ya out on the range..............R

I shot the IDPA match there this last Saturday. If the USPSA match is ran as well as that, it should be a real treat. I have about an hour drive from Brooklyn but I will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jctyler3

I shot the IDPA match there this last Saturday. If the USPSA match is ran as well as that, it should be a real treat. I have about an hour drive from Brooklyn but I will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prop Breakers Inc will be there to test the winter repair work. It's around 3 1/2 hours each way for us. Well worth the trip!

Great match to attend! I heard that this past winter at one of their meetings, they discussed insurance on props because of us! :roflol: Oh and that 3 1/2 hour trip, the elected navigator SLEEPS. I think it is because the gun is on the WRONG side!

Papa

That is spelled Michigun to you folks from south of our esteemed border.............

As for the props and breaking of them, can't you at least wait till we run a match or two to pay for the damage? Actually, if you break the new poppers, Mike & Travis Gibson from MGM have some explaining to do. My bet is on MGM's steel to outlast your velocitor open gun..........

See ya guys on Sunday morning........safe travels and navigating while Papa drives you here.....

Remember, if you break too many things, we always have the dog pond for you to take a "Victory' lap or two in before you go home....and knowing Papa's propensity for keeping his truck clean(like he should!!), you would be riding in the back under the hard cover or strapped to the hood like a deer for the long ride home.

As always, we look forward to seeing your smiling face on Sunday morning!!!

Hello to all,

The WCRHC crew slaved away for about 3 hours to build 8 great stages including 1 classifier. Looks like final minimum round count will be around 210. The old Trailer has been moved (just barely in time) and you will notice it parked to your left as you make the final turn for parking. Registration will be in our club house and will begin at 8:30 and closing at 9:30am. I will start registering our setup crew around 8:00am.

I hope to see many of you there tomorrow!

Geoff

(Thanks to all who came out for setup, this would not be possible without your help)

Hi Johnny the one with the H shape was stage 6, stage 7 was like an upside down T that on the left had 2 steel the full length of the bay and had 1 paper on the right that was the full length of the bay with 2 no shots blocking the 2 paper up close.

Edited by 45acpbob

91 Competitors for the first match of the season. Wow......we didn't think we would get that many for the first match of the season but it was an impressive turnout. Thank you to all the competitors that came out and supported our club and Match crew.

Reminder: The May match is our special classifier match (6 classifiers and 2 field courses) and may start a bit later in the day. Geoff and Bob will figure out the time and announce it here and on our club website (www.IPSC66.org).