Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

There and Back Again

38supPat

Ran a quick little drill today, it was a good little warm up and skill test.

Set up two targets 7m downrange and 3m apart. Start hands relaxed at sides. On the signal draw and shoot the left target with two rounds then the right target with two rounds and then back to the first target with two rounds. Total number of rounds = 6.

Tests draw time, a big right transition and then a big left transition.

I ran it two ways. Initially I just shot it to see what kind of time I could run it in, then when I had some quick runs I settled on a par time and shot it like that striving to see my sights and shoot A's in the par time. For me my fastest runs were in the 1.76-1.79 range but I was dropping some C's and occasionally 1 D. So I picked a par time of 2.0 seconds to shoot all A's.

Alter the time as needed to your division and skill level but make sure it's a time that will, like the Bill Drill, force you to shoot near the edge of your ability but also keep you honest with shooting A's.

My typical times were:

• 2 weeks later...

Ran a quick little drill today, it was a good little warm up and skill test.

Set up two targets 7m downrange and 3m apart. Start hands relaxed at sides. On the signal draw and shoot the left target with two rounds then the right target with two rounds and then back to the first target with two rounds. Total number of rounds = 6.

Tests draw time, a big right transition and then a big left transition.

I ran it two ways. Initially I just shot it to see what kind of time I could run it in, then when I had some quick runs I settled on a par time and shot it like that striving to see my sights and shoot A's in the par time. For me my fastest runs were in the 1.76-1.79 range but I was dropping some C's and occasionally 1 D. So I picked a par time of 2.0 seconds to shoot all A's.

Alter the time as needed to your division and skill level but make sure it's a time that will, like the Bill Drill, force you to shoot near the edge of your ability but also keep you honest with shooting A's.

My typical times were:

Thanks for the detailed description, beginners like myself really benefit from posts like this, I may have to give that a try once I'm able to get out to the range.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...