Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

17# hammer spring?

Gunfighter01

Thanks! Are you using Wolff hammer springs?

Yes, I have been using Wolff hammer springs, but I am currently using the Gray Guns spring. Feels pretty much the same. I've had zero problems with the Wolff though.
Thanks again! I'm going to order a few hammer springs right now.

Thanks to the OP for allowing me to briefly hijack his post. We now return you to your regular programming. :)

I was contemplating doing the same.

Clip coils until I start getting light strikes, then, shim the hammer spring back up using thin .1mm washers until its reliable again

That approach could cause you to end up with coil bind.

Like I mentioned above with two coils removed the difference in pull weight was not enough to even measure.

Thanks! Are you using Wolff hammer springs?

Yes, I have been using Wolff hammer springs, but I am currently using the Gray Guns spring. Feels pretty much the same. I've had zero problems with the Wolff though.
Thanks again! I'm going to order a few hammer springs right now.

Thanks to the OP for allowing me to briefly hijack his post. We now return you to your regular programming. :)

I was contemplating doing the same.

Clip coils until I start getting light strikes, then, shim the hammer spring back up using thin .1mm washers until its reliable again

That approach could cause you to end up with coil bind.

Like I mentioned above with two coils removed the difference in pull weight was not enough to even measure.