Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45ACP powders used... What have you used and how?

G17fan

Loading 230gr Xtreme plated I started with Universal. I switched to the WST because the Universal left unburnt powder at lower velocities. I started reloading a year and a half ago when everybody else did apparently. Universal was all I could find. A friend if mine swears by WSF in his 230gr MG loads.

This is all I used to load for uspsa matches for single stack. If memory serves me it was around 4.6 grains for major.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.7 WST and 200 MBC LSWC averaged 890 fps for me the other day out of a 5" gun. Pretty snappy. I didn't even try the 4.9 loads.

I'm looking to build a good IDPA CDP PF load using WST and 200 LSWC. Will be experimenting with Black Bullet coated bullets when I get them.

4.7 WST and 200 MBC LSWC averaged 890 fps for me the other day out of a 5" gun. Pretty snappy. I didn't even try the 4.9 loads.

I'm looking to build a good IDPA CDP PF load using WST and 200 LSWC. Will be experimenting with Black Bullet coated bullets when I get them.

4.7gr of WST and a 200 BBI get me 172PF.

45ACP, good load with

230rn and 800x 6.6 gr. gotta break the chrono out. it's a bit lighter than 6.5 of unique.

185hp Montanas, 5.5 Titegroup

Elite Match loves them. Seems the 800x works well with smaller volume cases.

Edited by richj

I believe you can use almost anything but the real slow pistol powders. I have used everthing from solo 1000, WST, Clays, AA2, AA5, AA7, tightgroup, bulleye, unique, power pistol, W231, HP38, E3, Clay Dot, WSF, N320, N310. The only one I have not used is 700x andn 800x. I really do not have a preference as I am currently using AA2 as it was all I could get about 5 months ago. Starting to run short again, and having to look for anything to us.

Use 4.6 grns of Titegroup with 230 grn Plated and its very accurate out of my M&P.

what plated bullet is that? and what velocity are you getting?

I recently did some chrono work on 230gr Xtreme with Titegroup at 4.3gr and got 175PF out a 5" 1911.

Really liking 700X. Shoots very clean and meters better than I expected after reading about other's experiences. Has become my go-to for 45ACP.

Most metering problems with 700x are under 4 GN. 45 should be no issues. Jme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local place has had plenty of Alliant powder in stock. I currently have 4lbs of Unique and 4lbs of TiteGroup. I am planning on using the Unique for my .40 S&W

Trying to figure out what to use for the .45 as the TiteGroup requires a light load for most calibers.

the shop also has

Red Dot

Blue Dot

Power Pistol

and may have Unique and Bullseye again as well.

They also have a lot of stuff for rifle and shotgun but really haven't paid attention. Most of the stuff is around $22 a pound, but the Titegroup I bought was $73 for a 4pound jug.

Planning on using either Blue Bullets or Bayou Bullets coated, or Xtreme plated bullets in 230gr. Any suggestions are very welcome

Use 4.6 grns of Titegroup with 230 grn Plated and its very accurate out of my M&P.

what plated bullet is that? and what velocity are you getting?

I recently did some chrono work on 230gr Xtreme with Titegroup at 4.3gr and got 175PF out a 5" 1911.

I'm going to get a chrono but don't have one yet. I've been using Powerbond 230grn RN and they have been very accurate but due to price and availability I'm going to be loading the 230grn Xtremes that I recently got. I hope they are as good as the 124grns are in my M&P 9C. Sorry for the lack of a chrono, I'm going to get one soon.

Im using Accurate #2 and TiteGroup with 200gr coated Black Bullets and seems to be working fine......

I'm a fan of BBI bullets. I haven't tried TG yet, been using WST with good success... Very little smoke. What TG load are you using with 200gr BBI? Does it smoke much?