Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45ACP powders used... What have you used and how?

G17fan

With the powder shortage everywhere I am going to start venturing away from VITH and migrate towards something easier to get. What would you recommend for 1911 shooting Single Stack major?

I know of WIN231, WST, N320 but that's it. What else is a good powder?

Thanks all!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45's usually my "use up the odds and ends" ctg. - I've used Bullseye, Red Dot, N320, AA2, AA5, Unique, 7625, Clays, Universal, and probably at least a couple I'm forgetting for major loads...

I have always used WST. What powders are available in your area? Ask the shotgun shooters at your club where they buy powder? A lot of the 12 gauge shotgun powders can be used for .45 acp loads.

Edited by z40acp

Right now I'm in the same boat as far as finding a substitute powder and I have come up with a short list of powders I have used.

First off Clay's is one I seek out, but can't find

2. Unique

3. Red Dot

4. Green Dot

5. Trailboss

I've used all of these with marginal to excellent results. Kinda really like Green Dot.

I have always used Clays in 45 ACP. Have not found anything that works better. If any trap and skeet clubs in your area stock reloading supplies try them for Clays it is one of the most popular shotgun powders.

Thanks. Ammoseek didn't render any results for powder. Anyone have an "abundance" of powder that they would be willing to part with?

Ramshot Silhouette

VITH N310 or N320

WIN231

WIN WST

Or any other 45 powder....

Doesn't hurt to ask... ?

Edited by G17fan

Clays is my go to. Solo was fine but my last can had a lot of strange particles in it, like it was the end of the batch and I got all the stuff off the factory floor. Anyway trail boss is also quite nice and Very Clean...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk