Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Tac Sport

meatsauce

I just picked up my new/first TS today. First things I'm going to do are replace the front sight with FO and put the grip on a diet (remove checkering front and rear straps and slimmer grips). Are there any known issues? Anything you guys would say NEEDS to be done? Or is highly suggested...?

.40 ?

Dawson front sight, big safety from CZ Custom, 12 lb recoil spring, grams spring/follower kits with some extended basepads of your choice. The de-checkered ones feel good, but I had no issues running mine stock.

Kneelingatlas, I know you are the guru when it comes to these things, but my .40 TS runs perfectly with the buffer in. No feeding issues after about 3000 rounds so far.

With low power factor ammo, the buffer comes out of the gun looking just the same as when it went in (so it's probably unnecessary). But at major ipsc power factor (say 180) it takes a real hammering. I think, under those circumstances it may be beneficial to run with the buffer. My inner engineer doesn't like the idea of metal slamming on metal.

I guess all guns are slightly different....

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Also, I looked for grams spring/follower kits with no luck. Any idea where I could find some?

Call Grams directly. They don't list them online but they do sell them.

happen to know the price on them vs. CZC?

It's been a year since I've ordered so don't hold me to it but I think they were the same price.

My inner engineer doesn't like the idea of metal slamming on metal.

Are you sure that's not the case right now? Have you checked?

In order for the buffer to work as intended the recoil spring has to go to full compression before the slide impacts the frame, but due to the differences in coil diameter and spring manufacturer that may not be happening even with the buffer in place.

If you're curious, assemble the pistol with no recoil spring, pull the slide all the way to the rear and measure the distance between the front of the slide and the end of the dust cover, then install the spring/buffer/guide rod and try again, is the distance shorter? if so, by how much?

Mine 9mm didn't have a buffer. Worked great. I haven't changed the recoil spring or anything. Added the comp hammer. Didn't reduce the pull weight but did improve the break and reset.

See if CZ USA still has the Czechmate magwell in Stock. The magwell on there doesn't seem to be very effective.

I ddidn't need the extended safety, the ones on there seem similar to what came on my SP01 Shadow.

Some like to swap out the trigger for one that is the plastic.