Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canadian Nationals Report

Michael Fletcher

Well our beloved Medicine Man, A.K.A. Pat Harrison, left for the CND Nationals this morning.  We dragged are butts out of bed a 0430 to get him to the airport.  He had a surprisingly easy time getting his guns on the plane.  If fact they just didn't seem to care at all.   The match starts on July 5th 0800.  And once Pat done shooting the National he will be off to Area 1.  Lets all wish him good luck.  He has promised that he will give a running commentary on how the match is going and tell us all the cool stories about the night live.  So take it away Pat, what stories do you so far?

hehe I'm baaaack!, jk got here no prob. Checking out the competition, a few surprises...details later (don't want to give anything away) Prac. tomorrow. with Derrill I. Will keep updates. Gotta go find my ammo bearer...lol

Pat

(Edited by Pat Harrison at 9:45 pm on July 3, 2001)

First day...NFG. Gun giving big probs. Q..can changing the firing pin stop accelerate the cycle time enough to cause feed malfunctions? Was an EGW oversize left fairly square, new one s an SVI with a good radius. Seemed gun is softer on recoil but is maybe getting to the next round before it gets up into place. Took a shock buff out and will test tomorrow.

Sitting about 80 to 90 points back, hoping for miracles. Derrill Imrie is leading Standard class (yup...he's shooting a limited gun here this year) by a good margin and Don Chang looks like the early leader in Open. Many top guys suffering brain or gun probs.

Stat tuned

Pat

Buff came out, gun ran much better on day two. I shot well for the whole match with only a couple of misses (no excuse but on courses where I had the fastest time by far, just didn't pay enough attention to sight) Started and ended day two with reshoots, both ended with far better scores than first run. Held my own on most stages. Burned a couple down, and stopped the slide with my thumb on one.

Looks like Don Chang has the lead by 30 - 40 points in Open and there's no top shooters in open left to shoot on final day so results should stand.

Derrill Imrie has a commanding lead going into final day in Standard class, but there are some Ontarians that would like to catch up. Gonna have to work for it though. My guess is that Standard is wrapped up too.

As for your's truly, at this point anything in the top ten will make me happy. Definately my worst Nationals since '96

There's always next year!

Pat

Nice shooting Pat...I know it wasn't your best match but it was still a good finish.

If anyone is interested in the final scores, here's where to find them.

http://www.ipsc-canada.org/nat01_mt.htm

Well that's it until next year.  Know it time to get ready for our Ontario Provincial Championship at the end of the month. Then maybe we will see you all at the Open Nationals.