Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Commercial Loaders. Camdex or AmmoLoad?

I have no idea who Zack Miller is nor do I ever remember anyone from MidSouth Munitions being in my shop, next time before you make any statements as you did you need to check with the person(s) you are talking about, slander is such a dirty word. By some of some old posts I read about you & your company from 10 years ago you were selling out & going out of business, it seems that it is old news and no need to carry this thread any longer. Good luck in any future endeavors.......................

Dennis

I did not slander anyone. I also was not in business 10 years ago. I started in 2006 and am still in business. SCORE helped a lot and I networked with other business owners for mentors. Doing pretty well for myself as I have found a niche in the ammo and gun business that is very profitable and have been selling wholesale only for a little over a year now.

Thanks for chiming in and setting the record straight. I got the wrong information passed onto me.

I signed up here so I could put my 2 cents in on the Camdex. We received our Camdex three months ago. I have ran about 100,000 rounds of .380 ACP on it so far. Here is my review. The concept of the machine is outstanding. I have had the most problems with substandard machine work. For example the guide track the cases follow was .005 thousandths wider at the entry compared to the exit. This caused binding at the exit even with new brass. Wear bars all had rough edges making scratches in cases. Size die we had special made and crimp die were hitting shuttle bar. Found several loose bolts through out the de-bugging process. One motor mount bolt fell out on the table. Powder charge bar bearing froze up. The index travel was not correct. Shuttle bar bent at point where the guide pin is installed. If you are not a mechanically inclined person you will be when you are finished doing what it takes to make this machine run. There were a few other issues to overcome also that I will not go into. The bottom line is that the machine is capable of being an excellent high speed loader. You just have to have the ability to make it run. Communication with Camdex on the phone is very difficult with Bob. I usually try to talk to Tom. Nothing against Bob but Tom is a better listener. Bob trained me at the shop and he was an excellent trainer, just hard to communicate with on the phone. We are getting an Ammoload in 6 months so I will come back and and review that also.

• 4 years later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:45 AM, FilipKepa said:

I`m looking for used or refurbished Camdex or Ammoload pistol loader. If any of you know where I could purchase one I would be VERY gratefull :)

where are you located and what caliber?  i have 6 of them, older late 80s units, 2 in 40cal 2 in 38, 9mm and 45 are at a guys shop now getting worked over.

the 4 i have here i'd value around 4-5k with feeders 

• 11 months later...