Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going to purchase a P30LS

apetrulis01

Ok, I have decided to bite the bullet and purchase a P30LS. I have obtained master class in both IDPA and USPSA with Glock but the P30 feels so much better in the hand. Some reason I have finally decided:

- Bruce trigger job with reduced reset.

- Dawson sights

- Taylor Freelance nows much +5 extensions which means I can run the gun in 3 Gun.

- IT FEEELS GREAT IN THE HAND.

Just figured I would post, now I just need to sell one of my ARs to purchase the HK, which is the only set back....COST.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah - when exactly is that going to happen, and how many are going to be avail when they do ?

I'm honestly curious.... I have a feeling they will be snatched up quite quickly from people wanting something new in their collection.

Agree with Steven - have you run an LEM trigger or thought about a LEM / Match Hybrid trigger.....

I handled one with the LEM trigger last week and I really did like the way it felt, for a plastic gun. But I can buy like 2.75 Glocks for the cost of one HK. And from what I've read on here, the Glock triggers are easier to shoot faster with.

I CC a p30 v2 .40 lem converted to a Todd green special, two days ago I ordered a P30L v1 .40 I intend to do the same thing with. I own Zev glocks, factory glocks, open compensated glocks, and the hk is just as fast and twice as sexy.

I've heard good things about Bill Springfield, and wonderful things about Bruce Gray. Ima send the L to Gray. I don't like the external over travel on Bills work, and love the idea of np3d internals on Grays guns.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the P30L Back from Mr. Springfield.

My SA now pulls at 4LBs (very pleased)

But the DA is about 10 still. He did however completely remove all barrel movement, overall for the money, I am pleased with his work.

With my P30L 40S&W I am going to send it to Mr Gray and see what he does. Then compare the two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok, I have decided to bite the bullet and purchase a P30LS. I have obtained master class in both IDPA and USPSA with Glock but the P30 feels so much better in the hand. Some reason I have finally decided:

- Bruce trigger job with reduced reset.

- Dawson sights

- Taylor Freelance nows much +5 extensions which means I can run the gun in 3 Gun.

- IT FEEELS GREAT IN THE HAND.

Just figured I would post, now I just need to sell one of my ARs to purchase the HK, which is the only set back....COST.

Adam

Adam,

I just purchased a H&K P30LS for her and she loves it. She went with the "S" version so that she could leave it cocked and safety on for limited 10 competitions. Otherwise, she lacked the strength to run the pistol on double action with the hammer down.

I suspect a trigger job will help her with the double action at a later date.

Please let us know how the trigger work helped for your purposes. Did it help? Did you eventually get the P30LS?

Congratulations on making master class!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Springfield trigger work in the $150 range will be returned in approximately 10 days.

They Gray trigger work in the $350 range will be returned in approximately 110 days.

You should expect more from the Gray Trigger.

• 3 weeks later...

For CZs, you can get better, cheaper trigger jobs done on the safety equipped guns than the decocker guns. Is that true for the P30 also? A lefty friend of mine is thinking of getting one of these for USPSA and I'm trying to help advise him.

I have a P30LS in .40 I was going to load minor and shoot production with. I tore the whole thing down and did a good polish job on it, (fire control parts and firing pin block) and swapped out the hammer spring for a lighter one. It is super smooth now, not sure how heavy the double action is, but the single action is down around 3 lbs or below and very crisp. I shortly after getting this gun though found a great deal on an Infinity and have since been shooting limited so the HK has been sitting in the safe. I do agree it is THE MOST COMFORTABLE gun I have every handled, and I think they look great too! There is a guy I shoot with that has been shooting one of these for years and likes it.

I have been considering letting this one go, so someone can love and actually shoot it. Any interest PM me.

• 1 month later...

Please keep me updated on the Gray Guns trigger job. I have read reviews that Gray is a little more in depth than Mr. Springfield; but it does cost a lot more with Gray too.

Adam

I have had several sigs and my P30L reworked by Bruce Gray. All I can say is....you get what you pay. Plus he only works on Sigs and HK. I would guess he knows more about Sigs than the factory!

• 3 months later...

Which set of Dawson sights are you using? When I look at their website I don't see a listing for the P30. I'd also like adjustable sights with mine. Gray's Guns say the Heinie straight eight sights and the Triijicon are popular, but I don't think those are adjustable.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+REAR%3AHK+Rear+Sights:HK+P+Series+Rear+Sights

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT%3AHK+Front+Sights:HK+P+Series+and+45+Front+Sights

Dawson doesn't have adjustables, last I knew, for the P30 series.

I use the black serrated rear with a FO front on mine.

The Heinie and Triji aren't adjustable.

Edited by AustinWolv

I think that's where I saw the thread that led me to them. And it would be for competition use. What would the longevity of the sight have to do with anything? Is this something to be concerned with? How so? I assumed since they're metal, as long as I don't beat it with a hammer it should stay pretty much as new.