Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320

JGus

I'm assuming it lessens the perceived trigger pull weight since you have a bit more mechanical leverage. My only flat face trigger right now is a Hiperfire on an AR.

Might be worth it if you use one as a 3 gun pistol.

Plus all the cool kids are doing it and putting it on the interwebs.

Edited by attakmint

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's nice to see that the aftermarket for the p320 is showing signs of life. not expecting glock levels or parts yet, but hopefully in a few years it will be similar.

I have a blade-tech also, which I can use for IDPA, 3gun, and USPSA. Just thinning some stuff out for funds. Nope, going to run my sig once my Dawson sights come in next week.

Say a couple of posters are looking for a drop in trigger kit and it dawned on me this morning that for the P320 that might be difficult. I'm hoping I'm missing something here... Wouldn't a drop in trigger kit essentially replace the serialized part? Creating another firearm?

I've heard that only a select few p320 slides can be successfully milled for dawson adjustable rears. Something about there not being enough material on top due to the deep internal lightening on most slides. Can anyone confirm?

I've heard that only a select few p320 slides can be successfully milled for dawson adjustable rears. Something about there not being enough material on top due to the deep internal lightening on most slides. Can anyone confirm?

you barely get into the channel but the sight covers it up, it looks real nice when it is all together

Robert Burke (thesigarmorer.com) told me via email he only mills 40 caliber slides and was using a Dawson adjustable rear for the XD but this was in February. He said "We are working on a way to weld up the rear of the 9mm slides in order mill them. There are lightening cuts in the 9mm at the back of the slide that the .40 doesn't have." Things may have changed since then or maybe others are doing 9mm slides, I don't know. Also, I believe this conversation was before the Dawson P320 sights were released.

Edited by cyberiad

Robert Burke (thesigarmorer.com) told me via email he only mills 40 caliber slides and was using a Dawson adjustable rear for the XD but this was in February. He said "We are working on a way to weld up the rear of the 9mm slides in order mill them. There are lightening cuts in the 9mm at the back of the slide that the .40 doesn't have." Things may have changed since then or maybe others are doing 9mm slides, I don't know. Also, I believe this conversation was before the Dawson P320 sights were released.

I talked to Robert as well and decided to go ahead and mill my slide and it turned out great, I used the Dawson M&P adjustable rear sight due to that it uses a 65 degree dovetail and not a 70 degree that the XD rear sight uses. I have done 2 slides these sights and they turned out perfect, I would hesitate doing another one.

I picked up a fs 9 320 from Kentucky gun co. They have excellent customer service for an online gun store btw. Other than the price my first impression hasn't been what I expected. Maybe because the hype on the threads is so high my expectations may have been too high. The trigger feels very gritty and not impressive to me, the reset matches the hype and is very nice. When I dry fire the back of the slide raises 1/16" or more. Is this common?

I hope some range time changes my initial opinion.

I picked up a fs 9 320 from Kentucky gun co. They have excellent customer service for an online gun store btw. Other than the price my first impression hasn't been what I expected. Maybe because the hype on the threads is so high my expectations may have been too high. The trigger feels very gritty and not impressive to me, the reset matches the hype and is very nice. When I dry fire the back of the slide raises 1/16" or more. Is this common?

I hope some range time changes my initial opinion.

Cycles through the gun will clean it up some. It's also normal for a striker fired gun to do that, they all do. The striker assembly is held in place by a striker release plate, when that tension is released, slides move. I've seen it in every striker fired gun, every.

i am pretty happy with my p320. need to do something to the sights, as 3 dots simply suck hard. but managed some respectable groups with my hybrid setup of a compact frame with subcompact slide. the trigger is what makes this thing so nice, sure, take up is a bit uneven and crunchy, but the break is very nice.

post-28301-0-63617700-1434289088_thumb.j

post-28301-0-00305000-1434289094_thumb.j

post-28301-0-56191300-1434289098_thumb.j

Edited by vactor

I've been pretty unimpressed with the trigger on mine also. I tore it down and did some polishing dropped 1.5 lb on the pull weight and feels just slightly better not much.

Any one that can't figure out how to shoot it well , sell it , and buy what you think you want next . . Life's to short to worry about it . Some people will shoot most any trigger well with only a few rounds down range . Others never figure it out something new if its different .

I take snap caps with me to a gun store so pulling trigger does not become a surprise at home !