Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR speed vs. Double alpha belt

jstagn

Well my issue with CR speed is not with there product is it with the company, it is my opinion when staff at a company tell you something they know is not true just to get you an answer they think you want to here they are lying. And when pressed for that answer over a two month period to be lied to several times again and again is just bad business.

And I would not recommend them to anyone based on that.

I like the DA because of it's true sizing. So when you order your belt, the overlap is built in. I have been told there were issues with some of the stitching, but my stitching is fine on both my DA belts.

edit: If the quality of my CR Mag pouches is any indicator, I would be happy to own a CR belt as well. But I would order up one size cause I am fat.

Edited by okiestovepipe

Ian,

Send me a PM and I will share with you the details. I don't want to post this to the forum as there is no need beyond what I have already posted.

Well, yes . . . yes there is! You put it out there, giving the company a black eye, but now you do not want to defend your accusations? :surprise:

I have had this company treat me GREAT. Sending me a replacement belt all the way from South Africa, without me first sending them the defective belt. You can't ask for better service than that! :bow:

Edited by Reshoot

well Dave,

You see I am willing to put any issue I have with the company in writing, and I have to them. I do not believe in slandering them in a open forum, there a shooters that love their product, and I am sure that it works great, I will never know because they lied to me, and I did not have a good customer experience at all with them.

So you would have me tell you all the sorted detail on this for what reason? I think it was clear they lied to me when asked for information on my order and that lead to a poor experience

As for the black eye, they gave them to them selves. they choose to lie and did so knowingly.

Well, it's only slander if it's not true and you're lying about them. As it is, you've basically done worse by saying how they screwed you and are liars, etc... without any supporting evidence, you know? I'm not saying you're lying at all or that they didn't, in fact, treat you badly. It's just that by putting out a bunch of nebulous, non-specific comments about how bad they are it's actually worse than if you spelled out what happened and let others make up their own minds. Does that make sense?

well Dave,

You see I am willing to put any issue I have with the company in writing, and I have to them. I do not believe in slandering them in a open forum, there a shooters that love their product, and I am sure that it works great, I will never know because they lied to me, and I did not have a good customer experience at all with them.

So you would have me tell you all the sorted detail on this for what reason? I think it was clear they lied to me when asked for information on my order and that lead to a poor experience

As for the black eye, they gave them to them selves. they choose to lie and did so knowingly.

That is exactly the type of response I feared you would give. I had hoped for better :blush:

OK, I give, but I will protect some parties that do not need to be dragged into this.

So, a shooting web site was having a "per-order" CR speed special last year in Nov. I trust and respect this site so I placed my order and paid my money.

after 40 days of waiting I contacted the site and was told that there was a delay in placing the final order with CR speed as they were on Vacation. well not what I wanted to he but OK.

So another 20 days go by, and I contact the site again to be told in a response email that CR speed had confirmed shipping and we should have the stuff soon. Knowing that it was coming from South Africa I gave it two more weeks. Nothing.

At this point I contacted CR Speed and was told that the order had indeed shipped and I should get it soon. I am thinking fantastic..... Nothing.

After another week, I contacted them again, and was told that the order had not shipped because they were all at Shot Show, and that when they got back it would ship, so I am thinking BS.

Another week passes, and nothing, again I contact them about the order, and again I am told it shipped, waiting again.. you might start to see a pattern here, Nothing.

this time I give them only a few days and I ask for shipping info so that I can file a postal fraud case, and it is at this time they inform me that indeed the order never shipped and was never processed because the payment from the Website did not go through, and then they went on vacation and then to Shot Show, and I would not see my order for two more weeks.

So I contacted the Site shared this info, they contacted CR Speed and only to discover that indeed they never processed any of the orders from them. I then canceled my order with the website, got my money back in 24 hours and well never do business with CR speed.

All I can say I see a lot of folks out there using it, I am sure it works great, but I will never know and that is I guess my loss. But if you read this and think maybe I don't want to do business with people that cant keep the story straight or be honest with customers. Well then OK, or you can just think what an ass hat this tool is.

I have one DAA and multiple CR's. Both brands are quite serviceable. The DAA is super-stiff. Not a bad thing unless the stiffness keeps it from conforming to my waist, which it does. The DAA is also a little bit thicker than the CR which really locks stuff in place once you get it into the position that you want. It also makes it quite a workout to get holsters and pouches on and also tough to adjust if/when needed. I think the CR belts appear to be a little better finished on the edges and such. The CR being a touch more flexible makes it work better for me and the ability to shift pouches and such when needed is handy for me.

They are sized differently.

Edited by wgj3

I have both the CR speed and the DAA and I prefer the DAA because of it's stiffness and true sizing. The only down side is that it can be difficult to get the gear on the belt but the upside is when you get it on there it's not moving. That was a problem for me with my CR speed belt. My holster and pouches would drift all over the belt forcing me to re-position my gear all the time. By no means is the CR speed belt bad but I think the DAA is better.

Wow! My very first crspeed belt came direct from them in Africa. They were having a ridiculous sale with free shipping so I chanced it. Took about two weeks. Can't complain I guess. But now I just get all my stuff from shooters connection. I have had both belts and prefer the cr for now as the DAA is so stiff it was uncomfortable. The CR is plenty stiff for what it's made for I just don't see the need for anything stiffer. But, both belts are high quality and you really can't go wrong with either. As for gear moving around on the belt, that's nothing creative use of Velcro can't fix

Edited by Sarge

just on the bad experience posted above. it's possible CR speed were correct and the website had indeed not paid for the order? there are always 2 sides to things like that. there is no way to know for sure who did what.

my own experience both with the company and their products has been fantastic.

I have owned the regular CR speed hi-torque belt and the newer CR speed hi-torque deluxe as well as the DAA belt. my favourite is the CR hi-torque deluxe.

I didn't have a problem with gear moving on the Cr speed belt, I found it plenty stiff enough. my first CR belt is now 6 years old and I got it second hand. it's been used at least once a week for that time and still works 100%. it's a bit shaggy here and there, but 6 years use is not bad!

the DAA belt is a great belt, but personally I also found it was a little too stiff in the axis that bends to wrap tightly around your waist. stiffness in the other axis (up and down for want of a better description) is fantastic. it's a little thicker than the regular CR which is a good thing.

the CR speed hi-torque deluxe is the best of the bunch imo. it's very stiff in the up and down axis, but flexes nicely to wrap tightly to your body. it looks fantastic quality wise, and it's thicker than the regular CR belts.

I ordered one direct from CR speed from Sth Africa (as that model is not carried by local stores) and it was here in less than 2 weeks. Postage was super cheap. At the time I mentioned I had lost some of the inserts for my CR speed versa pouches. They very kindly replaced them for me at no charge and included them with my belt order. I am a complete no-body, but they treated me very well.

I don't completely love all their products, but their hi-torque deluxe belt is my favourite of all the velcro type belts out there (that I've tried). Their service to me was also top notch.

I've tried a CR speed and switched to the DSG Alpha. Very similar stiffness, less bulky, cool buckle. I haven't tried the DA but it feels the stiffest of the 3 mentioned. I did overhear some saying they had to mod a racer mag pouch for some reason with the DA. Maybe the belt thickness? Not sure

My first belt was a CR Speed and I'm reasonably happy with it. The velcro is coming off a bit at the seams after a couple of years, but nothing major.

I know have the DAA belt. For the the clincher was the thicker belt. I feel I get a better hold for the holster on the stiffer belt. Not sure how to describe it, but it doesn't flip or give us much on the draw as the CR Speed.

I still have (and use) the CR Speed for local 3GUN events (different holsters/mag pouches on the two rigs).

Service from CR Speed has been perfect for me, but I do like the DAA belt better.

The DAA is a PITA to put stuff on but it doesn't move once you get it where you want it. I think it is a better platform for a consistent draw because it is so stiff.

I have been using my CR Speed belts (I have several) for many years and have not had any problems with the gear or the company.

I might add that during the time frame that was mentioned, the South African Postal Services experienced a lenghty postal workers strike that lasted for more than 4 months and which just about crippled the postal service as a whole.

Many orders from many companies never reached their destinations although being sent on time. I would not be surprised if the strike affected your order.

I have both - and I prefer CR Speed. Both outer belts are stiff, but the CR Speed's inner belt is a little more 'stout' in my opinion. For me, the inner belt makes the rig feel a little more solid.

I have been using my CR Speed belts (I have several) for many years and have not had any problems with the gear or the company.

I might add that during the time frame that was mentioned, the South African Postal Services experienced a lenghty postal workers strike that lasted for more than 4 months and which just about crippled the postal service as a whole.

Many orders from many companies never reached their destinations although being sent on time. I would not be surprised if the strike affected your order.

If that were the case the company should've told him so instead of continuously giving him the run around expecting his shipment to come in over and over.

• 2 years later...