Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 bump fire

shws

Alright I have a CZ 75 SP-01 shadow target. I was at a match today with it. We were running a stage that was strong hand only. When I was at my second to last target the gun was bump firing (I guess). First 2 rounds then 3. The SO and I went to a safe bay and checked it. The SO was unable to replicate it, I was only able to do it with the gun in just my strong hand(right). After the match i took it to my local gunsmith and neither one of us could replicate it again. He left it off at, it was probably how I was holding the gun caused it to bump fire. Little background maybe 1k rounds through it. Today was the first day I shot it after my gunsmith installed a Cajun gun works type 1 disco. Any ideas on what could be going on? Anyone have this issue, any suggestions?

I don't know if I've had this exact issue, but I have had something similar. Running a course of fire, freestyle grip; I've put a single shot in a target and had a second follow up shot happen in about a tenth of a second without intending to. I've found for me, this is because of the reset, and my grip/gun operation and trigger finger position. After the first shot, the gun moves through recoil, finger comes forward for reset and as the muzzle comes back down, my finger is in a position to press the trigger again. If I hold the trigger a little longer, or allow my finger to go forwards further, it doesn't happen. I can replicate as long as my finger is in the right spot and timing is correct.

I'm using a SP-01 Shadow. 11lb Mainspring, 13lb recoil spring and the CZUB comp hammer.

Jase

Exact same thing happened with my friend.Check the over travel set screw in the trigger, it might have gotten loose and got screwed in a little farther than supposed to. My friends shadow was doing doubles and triples and come to find out that was the problem. Hope that fixes your bump fire issue.

I don't know if I've had this exact issue, but I have had something similar. Running a course of fire, freestyle grip; I've put a single shot in a target and had a second follow up shot happen in about a tenth of a second without intending to. I've found for me, this is because of the reset, and my grip/gun operation and trigger finger position. After the first shot, the gun moves through recoil, finger comes forward for reset and as the muzzle comes back down, my finger is in a position to press the trigger again. If I hold the trigger a little longer, or allow my finger to go forwards further, it doesn't happen. I can replicate as long as my finger is in the right spot and timing is correct.

I'm using a SP-01 Shadow. 11lb Mainspring, 13lb recoil spring and the CZUB comp hammer.

Jase

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I guess it could just be some, combination of grip, trigger, pressure, timing.

How light is your trigger?

It is about 3.8lbs. I have not done anything with it besides the CGW disco.

Exact same thing happened with my friend.Check the over travel set screw in the trigger, it might have gotten loose and got screwed in a little farther than supposed to. My friends shadow was doing doubles and triples and come to find out that was the problem. Hope that fixes your bump fire issue.

Ah, nice. I will definitely give that a try.

Thanks for all your replies :)

Same thing happened to me on my TS.

Turned out to be just a hair too much over travel screw.

I think the check on the TS was to hold down the trigger while moving the hammer back and forth to see whether it catches.

It happened to my CZ as it was doubling in a couple of matches. I sent it to Matt Mink at Automatic Accuracy, replaced the hammer and it was good to go eversince. They also check the over travel screw to make sure it wask fine..

• 1 month later...

Hei guys

It is the most relevant topic to post.

I got my TS 40. Sometimes it fails to half cock - but in sertain condition- I trained " empty mag- mag change- release from slide stop" and I see that my hammer falling once every 10-15 slide-stop releases to half cock notch.

Is it a sear? or a hammer?

Funny thing is that I shot the gun yesterday 120 round and had ejection problems - but no " half cock" during the live fire

Now the last thing that I did ( a year ago and I did not touch a gun ever since) was to place the CZ -TS checkmate low-profiel hammer - and i noticed it began to happen today.

Now I placed the original hammer back. the sear seems a little wear out at the part where the sear blade is entering the hammer cut.

How can I be positive?

Stripping a round from the magazine slows the slide a bit and takes some force out of the equation. I never release from the slide stop without a loaded magazine.

Hei guys
I got my TS 40. Sometimes it fails to half cock - but in sertain condition- I trained " empty mag- mag change- release from slide stop" and I see that my hammer falling once every 10-15 slide-stop releases to half cock notch.
Funny thing is that I shot the gun yesterday 120 round and had ejection problems - but no " half cock" during the live fire
Now the last thing that I did ( a year ago and I did not touch a gun ever since) was to place the CZ -TS checkmate low-profiel hammer - and i noticed it began to happen today.
Now I placed the original hammer back. the sear seems a little wear out at the part where the sear blade is entering the hammer cut.
How can I be positive?

Edited by tortuga

Stripping a round from the magazine slows the slide a bit and takes some force out of the equation. I never release from the slide stop without a loaded magazine.

Hei guys

How can I be positive?

yes, don't release the slide from the slide top without something in there to stop the slide slamming forward. if doing dry fire use snap caps or (clearly marked) dummy rounds.

have you tried the test to see if sear is dragging on the hammer hooks? pull the trigger and now hold it back. with the other hand move the hammer all the way back and all the way forward. is there any friction/dragging there? it sounds like it's a worn sear to me, or possibly overtravel screw not adjusted properly. or in fact possibly both of those things.