Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glasses for 3 Gun

Smitty79

I'm 57 so the days of one size fits all distance lenses in my glasses is in the past.

I shot some 3 gun last summer using safety glasses with my distance perscription. It was OK, not great. I had a hard time getting a crisp focus on the front site of my pistol. Rifle stuff focused fine.

For the last 6 months, I've just done pistol shooting. I have a set of glasses where the right eye (dominant) is focused at front sight distance and the left eye is focused at distance. For pistol, I love them.

I am going to get back into multigun this summer. Will it work if I focus the TAC 30 on AR so that I get good vision out of my pistol glasses? Or will induce other problems?

It's not terrible to shoot with my distance perscription on my pistol. But it's definintely not has accurate or fast.

I went from your same condition to shooting with no correction.

I'm slightly nearsighted and so pistol and shotgun front sights are clear and scope adjusted for correction, works great.

I also used a weak prescription for a while in both eyes and adjusted the scope diopter to compensate, worked fine but pistol front sight was not the best.

I think as long as you can see the pistol front sight clearly seeing the target in perfect focus in not as important for pistol/shotgun.

Rifle must be perfectly clear and compensating with both prescription glasses and the scope diopter should not cause any issues if you need correction.

I have the Decot glasses with some of my bifocal in the dominant eye for pistol. For rifle, with an EOTech, it seems to me that the distance lens for my dominant eye works better on long range rifle stages. I go back and forth, one it seems the distance is better, another day the "pistol" lens seems better. I look at a stage and change the lens as needed. If there's lots of long range rifle and hoser pistol, I'll use the distance lens. If it's hoser rifle some little pistol targets 20 yards out, pistol lens.