Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable Rear sights for new BEII?

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and have a question about the BEII.

I have a BEII waiting at my prefered gunshop while i get a license. I want to change the rear sight as it will be used for target shooting. It is a 2013 full size BEII in 9mm.

My dad was in there today so i told him to measure the rear sight dovetail for me so i can order a sight. The problem is that the Jericho LPA sight i was looking at as a 0.338" base while dad said this BEII has a 0.43" base.

Does anyone know if they have recently changed the dovetail on the new BEII's?

Does anyone know of a sight that will definitely fit?

Regards,

PJ

Thanks for your help Hal.

How does your Jericho shoot?

Most of my target shooting in Australia is done at 25m. Is yours high or low at that distance?

Mine is very accurate. I modified the factory fixed sights so that it hits dead on at 15post-8193-0-73792100-1395700079_thumb.jp Edited by hal1955

nice. I am glad you got it shooting right for you.

how high was the front sight before you modified it?

I can't remember. I filed either the front or back sight down until it hit point of aim at 15m which is the average b-zone distance at my ipsc club.

I have had 2 LPA sights on my Shadows. They both broke : ( The problem was that top of the sight moved up and down on the elevation screw during recoil / cycling and the elevation screws finally broke and i lost the springs during recoil. A stronger screw might help.....