Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GCode holster for Glock, OSH or XST?

I had started shooting mostly USPSA pistol matches and had been using a Ghost Ultimate holster for my Glock. Since I am not mostly shooting 3gun and US Carbine Assoc matches and hardly ever do pistol only events I have ditched the race holster. Now I am looking at getting a GCode holster since I want the duty belt attachment for the drop.

The OSH holster is more what I am used to, but was thinking about the XST with it's lvl2 retention for those stages that have you running and diving with the pistol in the holster.

For those that use the GCode holsters, which do you prefer, and why?

XST is the best in their line. A safariland ALS can be bought and the drop attachmend added in both a medium and low drop. I run an XST for my 6 inch 2011 as they were the only ones with a retention holster for it and an ALS for the glock. If safariland made an ALS for the 6 inch 2011 I would be running that for both them as it has good retention so the gun isn't coming out unless you hit the release and the release is very natural and fast. Whatever the holster a good retention other than simple friction fit is the way to go for 3 gun as you can move and not worry about a gun flying out