Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I bought what I could find, over the winter, to allow me to shoot 22 rim fire matches this year. I ended up with only 1,250 rounds of Remington, to my disappointment. My M&P 15-22 runs flawlessly on Federal but, none to be had. So, I zero with this Remington and shoot my first match this past Sunday.

I swear, every 10 shots, or so, the gun sounded like a had shot a squib off. And, those rounds would not even cycle the gun. Well, a couple of times I ended up with a double feed. :eatdrink:

The box says NEW AND IMPROVED! Yeah, right.

When I got home I ran 25 rounds of Federal through her . . . she ran like a Singer sewing machine. I do have just about enough Federal to shoot a couple of matches, then its back to searching for ammo. :(

post-23750-0-99620300-1395166082_thumb.j

I have never had good luck with Remington .22 in any of my guns. My buckmark chokes on it at least once per mag and I get a lot of misfires with the other guns. Federal is my favorite bulk ammo, but I've got quite a bit of Winchester 333 that I've found lately and it seems ok.

I bought what I could find, over the winter, to allow me to shoot 22 rim fire matches this year. I ended up with only 1,250 rounds of Remington, to my disappointment. My M&P 15-22 runs flawlessly on Federal but, none to be had. So, I zero with this Remington and shoot my first match this past Sunday.

I swear, every 10 shots, or so, the gun sounded like a had shot a squib off. And, those rounds would not even cycle the gun. Well, a couple of times I ended up with a double feed. :eatdrink:

The box says NEW AND IMPROVED! Yeah, right.

When I got home I ran 25 rounds of Federal through her . . . she ran like a Singer sewing machine. I do have just about enough Federal to shoot a couple of matches, then its back to searching for ammo. :(

I still have about 5k rounds of remington .22 where about 25% of the rounds have no primers. Just click and nothing. Re strike them a dozen times, nothing. Our whole shooting club bought it when it was on sale and we all got the same crap. This was bought about ten years ago.

Edited by bountyhunter

• 1 month later...

I just got 3 550 round bricks of federal from wally world last week, they don't put it on the shelves, ask for it....cmax

Lucky you!

That is what i have always shot but, could not find anything but Remington's this winter. First time i have ever used them . . . and the last. Some of them won't even cycle my M&P 15-22 :angry2:

I just got 3 550 round bricks of federal from wally world last week, they don't put it on the shelves, ask for it....cmax

Lucky you!

That is what i have always shot but, could not find anything but Remington's this winter. First time i have ever used them . . . and the last. Some of them won't even cycle my M&P 15-22 :angry2:

The 15-22 manual says not to use golden bullets. Probably because they won't cycle the gun. :)

Lucky you!

The 15-22 manual says not to use golden bullets. Probably because they won't cycle the gun. :)

:bow:

I was really desperate, Kevin. I wanted to shoot matches this year . . . which I am. And, finishing dead last. I don't know which is worse :blush:

Lucky you!

:bow:

I was really desperate, Kevin. I wanted to shoot matches this year . . . which I am. And, finishing dead last. I don't know which is worse :blush:

Not shooting is definitely worse!

I try to shoot nothing but CCI Standard Velocity.. SV ammo is what is recommended for the Marvel Unit 1 and my S&W Model 41.. They all run without a problem with it or S&K Pistol Match. I have no luck with Federal ammo either. Occasionally I have used Eley Practice with good results.

• 2 weeks later...

Remington Golden Bullet won't even run reliably in my Remington 552 speedmaster, and it will shoot shorts. I still have a brick or so of the Golden bullets, I use them when I plink with a 22, but they are junk, I have had several misfires and jams in my Ruger MK II, Remington 550-1 and 552. Federal, CCI and Winchester have all ran good in the same guns.

Hurley