Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kicking A**

Michael Fletcher

O.K. Here's where I let everyone know how my last match went.  But first some background on my shooting.  I have been shooting IPSC on and off for the past two years.  Haven't really been to many matches.  Just the little club matches.  Around this time last year is when Pat started showing me a new approach to shooting.  I switch to open in Dec. 2000.  But I didn't start shooting matches again until April of this year.  Pat's been working with me and taking me to some bigger matches in the area.  With the help of Pat and our friend Jeff, and of course this site, I shot the best match ever last weekend.

Now we go into the bragging area of the post. I may not be a great shooter yet; I started the year (Year being April) as a mid leave 'C' shooter.  My percentage at the match was 67.34%.  Good enough to upgrade me too 'B' class. But the most impressive part of the match was stage 2.  Weak hand only.  I did have the fastest time but I did have the best points.  Points good enough to give me the stage win.  My first!

And now for the sappy part.  If Pat hadn't of brought me over to what he like to call the 'Dark Side' I probably would have given up on IPSC last year.  But he showed me how to have so fun well shooting and my score are going up every match.  But the best part is that I am almost doing as well as the two people that where trying to teach my last year.  They're progressively getting worse well I get better.

Here's to Kicking ass.

• 3 weeks later...