Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
brownnutz

Anyone run an HK P30 in USPSA?

The reason why I ask is because of a safety issue. With the mag release being on the trigger guard, how does this play out in the USPSA rules (finger needs to be clear of the trigger)? When I hit the mag release, I see my trigger finger clears the guard (I'm right-handed) and sits on the slide while my middle finger hits the mag release which I can see being a problem if the RO is watching the trigger specifically. Now the mag release is ambi so I could technically hit it with my thumb but 1...it's uncomfortable and 2...I have to reset my grip.

Any info would be appreciated and thanks.

-Tony

I'm sorry...

Mods, can you move this to the "USPSA/IPSC Rules" Section please and thank you.

I started with a P30 and released the mag the same way you do. With you trigger finger clearly outside the trigger guard it should not be a problem. I RO several HKs still and its easier then you think to see whats going on

I've run both a USP and a P7M13 in USPSA matched. I do middle finger reloads and have never had anyone say anything. Realistically the mag release is outside the trigger guard so I can't see why it would be an issue.

Wife and I both ran USPcs for a while, and she ran a P30LS for a bit. Never any issues

-425D57