Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Posts

I suspect this has been covered in this forum, so if someone will point it to me I'd appreciate it.  New Shadow 1, has had a trigger job, SRT, Competition hammer, etc.  All CZ Custom parts.  Trigger feels fine in both DA and SA.  This is my 5th shadow, but first time this gunsmith worked on one.  

 

Safety is too sensitive.  if I don't hold my thumb down on it, it will engage while I'm shooting.  I need some space so it doesn't engage so easily.  Suggestions?

 

Thanks,

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/8/2020 at 9:28 PM, wchangose said:

I suspect this has been covered in this forum, so if someone will point it to me I'd appreciate it.  New Shadow 1, has had a trigger job, SRT, Competition hammer, etc.  All CZ Custom parts.  Trigger feels fine in both DA and SA.  This is my 5th shadow, but first time this gunsmith worked on one.  

 

Safety is too sensitive.  if I don't hold my thumb down on it, it will engage while I'm shooting.  I need some space so it doesn't engage so easily.  Suggestions?

 

Thanks,

You could get an adjustable sear and spacer from Cajun, and it should be able to set just right on the safety lug so it's a definite on/off but not stiff or loose.  I have them in all of mine.

 

https://cajungunworks.com/product/as-b/

 

https://cajungunworks.com/product/s-spacer-sear-spacer/

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MoRivera said:

You could get an adjustable sear and spacer from Cajun, and it should be able to set just right on the safety lug so it's a definite on/off but not stiff or loose.  I have them in all of mine.

 

https://cajungunworks.com/product/as-b/

 

https://cajungunworks.com/product/s-spacer-sear-spacer/

 

Unlike others, I don't think the adjustable sear will solve your problem.  I would check the detents and spring that are supposed to hold your safety in place.  See (copied) photos below:  

 

&title=CZ%20Tuning%20101%20with%20Profes

 

&title=CZ%20Tuning%20101%20with%20Profes

 

If those are OK, take a look at your safety shaft itself.  Perhaps the spots the detents are supposed to click into are worn or damaged...  

 

 

Edited by Ken6PPC
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ken6PPC said:

 

Unlike others, I don't think the adjustable sear will solve your problem.  I would check the detents and spring that are supposed to hold your safety in place.  See (copied) photos below:  

 

&title=CZ%20Tuning%20101%20with%20Profes

 

&title=CZ%20Tuning%20101%20with%20Profes

 

If those are OK, take a look at your safety shaft itself.  Perhaps the spots the detents are supposed to click into are worn or damaged...  

 

 

That is a good point, to check that detent.  However I have run into something similar as what is posted when changing out hammers which positioned the sear lug a bit differently on the safety, so there was almost no resistance.  The adjustable sear took care of that.  But yes, maybe should check the detent first, especially if the lever is indeed just flopping around (in which case it may need both).  Or even check if it may have been lost, as it's very easy to lose like I'm sure many of us have found out!

Edited by MoRivera
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoRivera said:

 Or even check if it may have been lost, as it's very easy to lose like I'm sure many of us have found out!

 

Plus 1 to that! 

 

Several years later, I still have a safety detent for a 75 Pre B hiding out somewhere in my garage!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

The worst is if you work on lots of guns and then you find a mystery spring and can’t for the life of you figure out which gun it belongs to!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 2:58 PM, Mercs said:

The worst is if you work on lots of guns and then you find a mystery spring and can’t for the life of you figure out which gun it belongs to!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that's like an Easter egg...put it in the mystery jar, and some day you'll notice that you're front backup sight on your AR is wobbly...and DING!

 

 

Now where'd I put that %$#@-ing jar..............

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 9:28 PM, wchangose said:

I suspect this has been covered in this forum, so if someone will point it to me I'd appreciate it.  New Shadow 1, has had a trigger job, SRT, Competition hammer, etc.  All CZ Custom parts.  Trigger feels fine in both DA and SA.  This is my 5th shadow, but first time this gunsmith worked on one.  

 

Safety is too sensitive.  if I don't hold my thumb down on it, it will engage while I'm shooting.  I need some space so it doesn't engage so easily.  Suggestions?

 

Thanks,

 

I have the CGW adjustable sear in mine and it does work great!

But if that is not the rout that you want to take, there is a video on how to fit a safety in a gun from CZC, they are doing the job in a A01LD but it would be close to the same. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NVFy2Kqm4 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Sir Atlas,

Thanks for your information. I used the Eeman teach upgrade kit, but polished and followed your methof so an SP-01 Shadow.

DA went from 9lb 15oz to 5lb over 5 shot average

SA went from 3lb 8oz to 2lb 5oz over 5 shot average.

But by far the best thing is all grittiness is gone from doble action. Smooth as a baby's bottom.

Cheers from Australia!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Just installed CGW SRS-1 and did some polishing. Many thanks for the excellent writeup. Everything was straightforward except for reinstallation of the sear spring; I'm sure the neighbors enjoyed my colorful commentary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Hey there,

 

I just bought this and am not super knowledgeable with the detailed break down even with all the detailed pictures, I know, come on man. Im from Orange County and am wondering if you work on other peoples guns? id rather pay a gunsmith to do the upgrades. Appreciate yall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HelpMyCZ said:

Hey there,

 

I just bought this and am not super knowledgeable with the detailed break down even with all the detailed pictures, I know, come on man. Im from Orange County and am wondering if you work on other peoples guns? id rather pay a gunsmith to do the upgrades. Appreciate yall.

 

Unfortunately no, this is just a hobby for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...