After reading this thread a few times the results are as follows;

DA pull @ 5lbs 6oz

SA @ 2lbs 5.2oz

Average of 10 pulls on each.

CGW SRS2 w/black spring

CGW T2 disconnector

CZ comp low hammer

CZC TRS-new

Polished everything to almost mirior finish in the frame. Have not polished the FP, FPB ot the channel yet. The gun has not been fired yet. Once it passes live fire function test I may do a bit more, but for now it is so smooth and fells great I doubt I will. I will just let all the parts seat in and enjoy it.

For those that wonder as I did, the 85c triger realy does not make a noticable diffrence if the factory curve fits your finger, your money may be better utilized on other items.

Another note, for me I tried the CGW TRS and it did cut the pull by about 5oz over the CZC on da, but I did not like the return on reset. I liked a lityle more tension and it felt like it was a more respnsive reset. But that is a personal feel for everyone.

After the function test I am going to run a match practice stage with it as configured and one with the factory hammer cleaned up slightly and see if it is noticeable. Going to have another shoot both configurations and not tell him the changes to get his feed back.

Thanks all for your involvement in this thread!!!

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread is adjusting the trigger bar spring (the spring that pushes up on the underside of the trigger bar). I did the work in this thread, and ended up with a false reset that would drop the hammer in single action without moving the firing pin block to let the firing pin move. I noticed this while hand fitting the short reset disconnector.

After talking with David at Cajun gun works the solution was to adjust the spring so that it rides in the indentations in the bottom of the trigger bar. The left side needs to just touch the trigger bar, the right side should be 1/8 to 3/16 above the bottom of the trigger bar. This fixed the false reset.

I had not touched the spring while doing the work, since I did not put in an extended mag release.

Is this adjustment correct for non fpb block guns ? I'm guessing no since cgw's website says the adjustment is different for different guns & to call them.

Anyway, if somebody knows the correct adjustment for something like a cz 85 combat it would be appreciated.

One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread is adjusting the trigger bar spring (the spring that pushes up on the underside of the trigger bar). I did the work in this thread, and ended up with a false reset that would drop the hammer in single action without moving the firing pin block to let the firing pin move. I noticed this while hand fitting the short reset disconnector.

After talking with David at Cajun gun works the solution was to adjust the spring so that it rides in the indentations in the bottom of the trigger bar. The left side needs to just touch the trigger bar, the right side should be 1/8 to 3/16 above the bottom of the trigger bar. This fixed the false reset.

I had not touched the spring while doing the work, since I did not put in an extended mag release.

Is this adjustment correct for non fpb block guns ? I'm guessing no since cgw's website says the adjustment is different for different guns & to call them.

Anyway, if somebody knows the correct adjustment for something like a cz 85 combat it would be appreciated.

There is no predetermined adjustment. Each pistol is different. What issue are you having?

There is no predetermined adjustment. Each pistol is different. What issue are you having?

No issue, just going through a new gun and trying to make things as correct as possible.

Seems like there has to be a better starting point than 'however it left the factory' , that is what I was attempting to find.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

This is not as important on a non fpb gun. The only reset on a non fpb gun is the sear, so there is no potential for the timing issue this fixes.

Making sure the spring rides in the groves in the bottom of the trigger bar is still good practice.

Edited by bthoefer

Alright, I'm hoping the brain trust here can help me trouble shoot my buddy's shadow.

Basically what he's got going on is the disco is not disco'ing on slow double action trigger pulls. My initial inclination was that his over travel set screw on the trigger had worked it self loose. He's backed it all the way out and it is still having the issue, but that is what the gun is doing. Pull the trigger, the hammer goes back and then just stops. The sear doesn't release. This is a new issue on a gun that has run flawlessly up to this point. The trigger work was done by a local CZ shooter that by all accounts does great work, but unfortunately no longer lives in the local area... so here I am trying to figure this one out. It is a CGW disco, not sure if it is the drop in variant or if it was fit. It might be that the gun just needs a good cleaning and some loob, but I wanted to get other ideas of what to look for before the gun winds up at my house.

Any thoughts?

Happened to me once. Turned out a spent primer unknowingly dropped down into the works. As I was tearing it down in despair and frustration, it fell out. Maybe pull the slide off and work the trigger to get a better idea of what's going on?

Alright, I'm hoping the brain trust here can help me trouble shoot my buddy's shadow.

Basically what he's got going on is the disco is not disco'ing on slow double action trigger pulls. My initial inclination was that his over travel set screw on the trigger had worked it self loose. He's backed it all the way out and it is still having the issue, but that is what the gun is doing. Pull the trigger, the hammer goes back and then just stops. The sear doesn't release. This is a new issue on a gun that has run flawlessly up to this point. The trigger work was done by a local CZ shooter that by all accounts does great work, but unfortunately no longer lives in the local area... so here I am trying to figure this one out. It is a CGW disco, not sure if it is the drop in variant or if it was fit. It might be that the gun just needs a good cleaning and some loob, but I wanted to get other ideas of what to look for before the gun winds up at my house.

Any thoughts?

You mentioned the pistol might need a cleaning. This would be my fist step in troubleshooting.

Good tip from Snap cap as well, Some crap certainly could have found its way into the pistols action.

If the cleaning dose not remedy the issue. From what you have explained it sounds to me like the lower corner of the the face of the disconector wing may need material removed to consistently clear the trigger bar. To happen all of the sudden on an otherwise working pistol is odd though. Hopefully another form member can confirm this or set me straight.

Edited by Tok36

He had a broken trs shortly after this problem first occurred. I replaced that and adjusted the over travel screw for him, so I've had the cage out. There were no obstructions that I noticed and the sear was moving properly. I did not remove the hammer and disconnector.

I had the primer issue happen to my gun 2 weeks ago in a class. I thought I had broke the trs, but a primer was in the trigger assembly keeping it from resetting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a CZ 75 SP 01 that I'm working on. I followed the instructions here and polished all the parts.

I installed the following:

• Short Reset System 2 (HS-12000 hammer spring, extended firing pin with reduced power firing pin spring, firing pin retaining pin, reduced power firing pin spring, "short" arm lifter)
  • Disconnector Type 2
  • Floating Trigger Pin
  • Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring
  • Production Legal CZ Competition Hammer

I installed the hammer afterwards as the trigger pull was still 6 lbs, 14 oz in DA and 3 lbs, 8.7 oz in SA. After installing the hammer, I dealt with the issue of the safety not engaging so I went to file the safety so it would engage.

With the safety now engaging, there seems to be an issue with the SA pull. On the first pull in SA, the sear does not slip off to allow the hammer to fall. When I release the trigger and pull it again, the hammer falls. This only happens with the slide on. When the slide is off, there is no issue with the SA pull.

I've read about issues resetting in SA. Is this the same issue I am having? This only started happening after I swapped the hammer.

Edited by vtecpaoche

If i understand your issue correctly. I might check the trigger bar spring, make sure both legs are in the grooves on the trigger bar and pushing the trigger bar up. I am also interested to hear others interpretation and input on your issue.

Basically what he's got going on is the disco is not disco'ing on slow double action trigger pulls.

Does it happen in live fire or only in dry fire? I've seen a friend's CZ do the same thing on occasion, but only and dry fire. It never happens live fire.

You didn't mention it above but are you using a trigger with an overtravel screw in it?

It's the stock trigger with no over travel screw.

Well...that's not the issue then :-)

Edited by tmay