Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kneelingatlas

12 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

I've never used anything to keep it in place and never had a problem, but if you want a little extra hold I imagine a dab of nail polish on the set screw after adjustment would be plenty.

Any potential problem with red loctite? I used it on my guns just because they said to and I guess because I get a warm and fuzzy feeling about doing it that way. 

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Shadow 2 in Urban Gray and Cajun 75810 Shadow S-2 Kit with bushing

Alright , Ive been playing with fitting the disconnector for hours and have a question or two..

When I test the reset it seems to have hesitation once in a awhile. This is what happens...I will cock the hammer or rack the slide, then pull the trigger, while holding the trigger, I will rack the slide and slowly let the reset click, then pull the trigger. Some of the time it is fine and feels great, however some times the hammer starts to release and then stops. If I pull the trigger a bit harder the hammer will fall but it feels stiff, almost like a very light double action. When it does this and I don't pull the trigger harder and just release the trigger it goes to half cock with the hammer.  Do I need to file more on the disconnector??? Since this is my first CZ I'm not sure of the process. 

I put all the parts in the kit into the gun and used the Black hammer spring since I use Atlanta Arms ammo and sometimes find their primers are hard. I have not done the Barrel Bushing yet or anything else to the gun.

The SA is at 3lbs when it works. DA Seems to be at 8 1/2lbs.

Hope I explained this good and thanks in advance for any help.

2 hours ago, Ghost7tactical said:

Shadow 2 in Urban Gray and Cajun 75810 Shadow S-2 Kit with bushing

Alright , Ive been playing with fitting the disconnector for hours and have a question or two..

When I test the reset it seems to have hesitation once in a awhile. This is what happens...I will cock the hammer or rack the slide, then pull the trigger, while holding the trigger, I will rack the slide and slowly let the reset click, then pull the trigger. Some of the time it is fine and feels great, however some times the hammer starts to release and then stops. If I pull the trigger a bit harder the hammer will fall but it feels stiff, almost like a very light double action. When it does this and I don't pull the trigger harder and just release the trigger it goes to half cock with the hammer.  Do I need to file more on the disconnector??? Since this is my first CZ I'm not sure of the process. 

I put all the parts in the kit into the gun and used the Black hammer spring since I use Atlanta Arms ammo and sometimes find their primers are hard. I have not done the Barrel Bushing yet or anything else to the gun.

The SA is at 3lbs when it works. DA Seems to be at 8 1/2lbs.

Hope I explained this good and thanks in advance for any help.

Ok here is the update. I gave David a call at Cajun. Super cool Guy! He said the the trigger bar spring on the right has to be adjusted 2-3mm high when out of the groove (make sure the spring rides in the grooves) and make adjustments as needed. Then the left side needs to be adjusted to barley touching and also in the groove. Mine had to be adjusted on both sides. It helped but was not perfect. So I called him back and he said to fit the disconnector a bit more. After that it seems to have solved my problem. If something changes I'll update this. 

This project took some time and patience for the disconnector.... I can strip the Shadow down fast now that is for sure.

SA is at 2.5Lbs

DA at 8lbs. with the black spring.

Edited by Ghost7tactical

7 hours ago, Ghost7tactical said:

Ok here is the update. I gave David a call at Cajun. Super cool Guy! He said the the trigger bar spring on the right has to be adjusted 2-3mm high when out of the groove (make sure the spring rides in the grooves) and make adjustments as needed. Then the left side needs to be adjusted to barley touching and also in the groove. Mine had to be adjusted on both sides. It helped but was not perfect. So I called him back and he said to fit the disconnector a bit more. After that it seems to have solved my problem. If something changes I'll update this. 

This project took some time and patience for the disconnector.... I can strip the Shadow down fast now that is for sure.

SA is at 2.5Lbs

DA at 8lbs. with the black spring.

I never new the spring needed to be adjusted like that. Hmmmm....  Just thought they needed to be in the groves. 

11 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I never new the spring needed to be adjusted like that. Hmmmm....  Just thought they needed to be in the groves. 

I was not sure what was the problem. I'm still messing with it. It is getting better ,  just not 100%. It just hangs up every now and then. Very frustrating.

1 hour ago, Ghost7tactical said:

I was not sure what was the problem. I'm still messing with it. It is getting better ,  just not 100%. It just hangs up every now and then. Very frustrating.

With the grips and slide off, you can turn the frame upside down and look inside and see if the spring is in the groves. I also use a very small paint brush to apply a very small amount of grease in the grooves. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, love this thread. Recently bought a 75Compact, and bought and installed myself replacement parts from Cajun Gun. This thread with photos helped a lot, so thanks for that. My question is, what thread pitch does the trigger reset adjustment set screw have? I'm talking about the 85C trigger that came in the reach reduction kit. I decided to shoot the gun before putting loctite on them to be sure all was good, and it walked out. My fault. Anyway, need thread pitch and length so I can replace it, if anyone knows. Thanks, Jim

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2018 at 5:37 AM, B_RAD said:

With the grips and slide off, you can turn the frame upside down and look inside and see if the spring is in the groves. I also use a very small paint brush to apply a very small amount of grease in the grooves. 

A picture for reference.

VGP4bci.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've read every post here, great thread, thanks. 

I just installed the Cajun kit 75810, in my Shadow 2.

That's:

Race hammer, hammer pins and adjustable sear

Floating trigger pin and reduced power trigger spring

11.5 lb hammer spring

Extended firing pin and spring

T3 disconnector

I haven't done the barrel bushing yet. 

My RCBS spring/fish scale type (not precise) says 7-7.25 DA, 2.5-2.75 SA. 

I have done zero polishing, straight parts swap. 

My SA reset is about 2.3mm, not sure how much of that is overtravel, I haven't tuned that at all yet. I'm hoping I can take some of that up. I'm confident the disco is perfect. I went VERY slow. In and out 2 dozen times easily lol. 

Thanks for taking the time to make the guide Atlas. 

Edited by NHGunowner

There is nothing I could type here that hasn't already been said. This post alone (crazy how the Youtube gunsmiths can't get the video to show what the camera does here) has given me the guts to take my Shadow apart completely and performing my own trigger job.

Thanks Atlas as well.

On 12/10/2017 at 8:06 AM, kneelingatlas said:

I'm not crazy about Loctite on set screws, they're really easy to ruin.  When choosing red Loctite I always try to imagine how I will apply the necessary heats without damaging the part.

I use a pencil soldering iron to soften loctite on small set screws.

Professor Atlas, do you have any thoughts on the CZC Comp sight vs the one that comes on the standard Shadow? I’m trying to decide if I should swap the sights or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isn't the standard sight adjustable?

Professor Atlas, do you have any thoughts on the CZC Comp sight vs the one that comes on the standard Shadow? I’m trying to decide if I should swap the sights or not

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use a pencil soldering iron to soften loctite on small set screws.
Would there ever be a reason why the set screw on the adjustable sear would need to be adjusted? I always figure that sear is going to be in that gun forever or be replaced completely.

isn't the standard sight adjustable?

This is the one that came on mine, even though it says Competition sight in the SP01 shadow description from CZC. Sorry had the wrong link the first time, edited

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/cz-rear-sights-all/sp01-shadow-75-shadow-rear-sights/shadow-rear-sight-factory-cz-75-shadow-sp01-shadow.html

aww dang. I'd definitely get the Cajun gun works rear adjustable sight then

This is the one that came on mine, even though it says Competition sight and not Combat sight in the SP01 shadow description from CZC
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/cz-rear-sights-all/sp01-shadow-75-shadow-rear-sights/cz-shadow-ii-rear-sight-cz-75-shadow-sp01-shadow.html

aww dang. I'd definitely get the Cajun gun works rear adjustable sight then

I don’t see any CGW that fit the shadow. I’ve seen the HAJO have issues so I’m weary to buy that one also. The ones that came on the Shadow are ok, I just wonder if the competition sights produce a better/faster sight picture. I’ve never actually used sights with squared edges like that before, and I know they hang back a bit on the slide compared to the standard sight

Would there ever be a reason why the set screw on the adjustable sear would need to be adjusted? I always figure that sear is going to be in that gun forever or be replaced completely.
If you change out thumb safeties you may need to adjust the sear