Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

...when a project comes together!

Wakal

Fredcomp_5.JPG

Just took delivery of the first CNC project I've been associated with. Fifty AR-15 Limited legal "F2" comps, all identical, all hardened, all finished, and even in little plastic bags. Dealing with professionals is fun :)

Tomorrow...off to the lathe to get a stack of barrels threaded 1/2-28 and comps fitted ;)

Alex

Watching the little CNC run was pretty darn neat. I had my nose pressed up to the safety glass window like a kid at the candy store...may have been embarassed but Liota and Fred were doing the same thing :lol:

Alex

I work in an aerospace shop that among other things does CNC machining. It's truly amazing what can be done and how fast it can be accomplished. The repeatability is something else too, as long as the operator is competent and pays attention to his set-ups every part is pretty much like every other.

It is a three-man (and one woman) show here...between the four of us, there isn't a lot we can't do to AR's. The big wet-deck Bridgeport mill (with power feed ;) ), the large Monarch lathe, and (coming soon) the Star CNC machine. Well, the Star is here (and has been here for awhile), but isn't inside the shop yet.

Here are some of our latest projects:

Liota's 6.5lb (with optics) 16" gun. DPMS upper, Vulcan lower, and a much-abused barrel (started off as a .940, now it is .750 with smooth taper off the chamber):

Open_AR_Liota_1.JPG

My 18" .750 Lothar-Walther barrel AR10 next to my 18" .750 barrel AR-15 (hey, when you find what you like, you tend to stick with it):

Open_ARset_1.JPG

Two more odd projects. A 5.3 pound 20" AR next to our recreation of a SP1 (with forward assist). Amazing how many vintage parts you can find laying around when you start looking in the corners of the shop :)

M16_Cav15_duo.JPG

And...all the pre-order comps shipped today. I have to thread barrels and fit comps to the barrel/comp sets tonight, as well as turn a overweight 24" barrel into a medium weight 18" (threaded) barrel.

Alex