Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timer Config Help

ffl

I want to run 2 or more shooters at a time on some plate racks like they do at Bianchi Cup. I need the timer to sound a horn and start timing on a timer on each shooter. The timer at each shooter will pick up their shots to determine overtime shots. I assume they would need to be linked together. Has anyone heard of such a system?

You could no doubt build such a system using microphones at each shooter like on a trap field but I think you'd be constantly tweaking sensativity. ...

I assume you know that the plates at Bianchi lock so that late shots cant knock down a plate.

The only way I can think of is to put the timer directly on the ground in front of the shooter in a box or shield and turn the sensitivity all the way down. The box / shield will prevent sound pressure waves from adjoining shooters.

I bet there will be flaws in what I suggest. But it may be worth a try.

I thought that there might have been a new system I missed. I currently am the only locking plate rack manufacturer and was wondering how they were going to determine overtime shots at the NRA Action Pistol World Championships since they are not using locking plate racks.

Probably as we used to before lockers. All shooters loaded and plates set. shooter one shoots. then shooter two, and so on. While two shoots one reloads. All plates are set when the shooters are done. Then same again. Not as fast as locking plates but we could get through a lot of shooters in a day. Two or more shooters shooting on timers is a recipe for protest heaven.