Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 34 gen 4 accuracy

3djedi

I just tried out a new glock 34 gen 4 and the accuracy at 25 yards is not good. Out of 5 shots only 3 made it onto a USPSA size target at 25 yards. (scattered all over the page) I also tried it off a sandbag rest and got about the same results. Has an upgraded trigger with a pull around 3.5 lbs I believe. Has dawson precision fiber optic front sight and I was using 115g FMJ factory reloaded ammo. I'm really at a loss. I'm not saying it couldn't be me but I also have a brand new glock 19 gen 4 that I was able to group all in the A-zone at 25 yards free hand and it has more of a combat sight on it using the same ammo.

Any suggestions?

So what's it have for a rear sight? Still the stock? I think the biggest thing is practice and getting use to it. The Glock 19 was my first glock and i shot way better with it in the beginning then with my 17. Once i put the time in with the 17 i far exceeded what i could do with the 19. Realistically your guns capable up pretty small groups at 25. Just keep shootin'.

There is another thread going here of a guy having accuracy issues with a Gen4 34 at distance too. Trigger should be between 2.5-3 depending on striker spring as all are assembled and tested and pull weight checked in test platform prior to leaving.

I'm not having any troubles with my G34 Gen 4 at ranges around 35 yards against small steel plates. It did take me awhile to get used to the pistol to the point where I could pull that sort of accuracy off since striker fired pistols are sort of new to me.

It has the dawson precision hd rear sight and dawson fiber optic front. Trigger weight is just a guess but I did use the heavier striker spring. If I remember correctly it's the 4.5lb one...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I put the stock trigger back in just for sh$ts and giggles. Same results....horrible. Here is 25 yard target off a sand bag..... 5 shot group. Only 3 landed.....Notice the one on the lower right...looks to be tumbling...

post-48839-0-16538400-1394050946_thumb.j

Here is the same target for...7 yards (pretty close to the X).....10 yards and 15 yards was pointed at the x in the upper left corner. All off sandbag rest..... 3 shot groups. The 7 yard is OK at 10 it is bad and look at the holes....looks like tumbling. 15 is horrible and tumbling....

post-48839-0-21795900-1394051176_thumb.j

No----definitely not a trigger issue. These are 115g FMJ factory reloads. Thing is I shoot these out of the glock 19 with great results. And with my PPQ m2 tight groups at 25 yards.

I will try some more expensive factory new and see what happens next time. Do glocks prefer heavier bullets?

Make sure the take down release has the tab facing rearward and up and that the barrel is locking up good in the hood and lug. Look at crown of barrel and make sure it is not beat up and try some Winchester white box 115

I had the same issue with Berry's plated in my Gen-4 34, switched bullets and the issue went away. I now get around 3.5" @25 yds most of the time with Xrteme 124 gr HP.

For whatever reason my Gen-4 34 did not like that family of bullets, the Extreme has a concave base and thicker plating, it shoots fine. Jacketed shoot about an inch better.

Good luck, you can solve it with a little experimentation.

Edited by plattj1

The tumbling issue is no doubt your ammo.. Lack of velocity and poor crimp can be the cause. But since they are not your reloads, dont shoot them out of that gun. If the ammo is tumbling, they are not going to group well, its more like a knuckle ball.

Yep ammo. I bought some federal white box a got a 4" group. Tried 147g factory reloads and it was pretty strung out. Tried the 115g factory reloads and only 2 out of the 5 hit the paper.

post-48839-139421857922_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hard to read the target.....the 4 on the left was the 115g federal WB. The 5 in the center portion are 147g factory reloads and the 2 on the right(well from left side to right side) are the 115g factory reloads (out of 5 shots)

Edited by 3djedi