Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my Chrono today

I shot mine the other day, really cold out and started shivering. I'm not upset, I only paid $50 for it and I don't think it was working properly anyways

Ya shot it because you were shaking. :surprise:

Like I said, it wasn't working properly and has been giving me erratic readings for sometime, which has been frustrating.. I really wasn't upset as I have been eyeing a CED chrono for a little while now.

I've used 10 different CED M2's at major matches and everyone of them crapped out.

I have 3 chrono's - a PACT Professional, a Shooting Chrono Alpha Master and a Shooting Chrony Beta Master.

I've had the PACT for 10 years and really like it, but the Chrony's I've had almost a year and like them too. They are within 5% of each other with velocities, so no issue there.

The only issue I've had with the PACT is that I keep shooting the sensor housings - oops. With the Chrony's you substitute the steel uprights with bamboo bbq skewers. If you hit them there isn't any damage to the plastic sensor housing.

I think I bought mine used almost a year ago and have yet to set it up. I have to this point been able to borrow time on someone else's to do what I need so far. I really need to shoot it just to get it over with.

SS

• 11 months later...

So, went out with a friend of mine to do some test loads for my .308 bolt gun.

He'd brought along a recent trade for a 9mm AR, and I had a 9mm conversion kit for my AUG, so wanted to do some 'for the heck of it' chromo-ing out of the pair of 9mm carbines. He got sighted in, we had some fun popping off some rounds, then on to chrono a few different loads through them, including my 'bulk competition' load of TG + 124gr MG JHPs.

It went well, mostly, although with a nice 'reminder' above optic height over bore.

Enjoy! :angry2::goof:

IVTPNbq.jpg

eJa9md2.jpg

The chrono actually kept working on the screen for single shot at a time, but no more comms to the app. My buddy replaced it, so he's got a single shot chrono where before he had none, and I've got another Caldwell...

"ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD SHOOT HIS OWN CHRONO...." :ph34r:

According to my wife, both times I shot my chrono. :surprise:

LOL ;)

At least I can say it wasn't me...this time, but - it could have been easily enough.

He was shooting at a 25 yd target with a new to him AR in 9mm with a riser below the optic..it was sighted in, but there's that whole optic over bore height thing going on, too.. ;)

Ended OK - we found a Caldwell 'basic' model on sale for $60; I just grabbed the unit itself and gave him the 'used' one.

Most chronographs will trigger with the bullet passing a foot over the sensors, no need to even get close to the expensive part.

If your always hitting low aim for the diffusers at least they don't cost as much to replace.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...