Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my Chrono today

I was chrono'ing some rounds. I forgot my scope is 2.7 inches about the bore.

#!&*@$$%@%&@$%@%&$@

group of five in the start chromo. UGH

At least my ammo is set for SMM3G match at the end of the month.

You forgot about the third kind of people...those who will shoot their chrono again!

True. And again and again and again! :surprise:

Mine should be delivered this Friday. Please let me at least get some data before I put a hole in it. Haha.

No! Why should we have all the fun! :roflol:

Ya I shot mine too....first time I grazed it the second time...well I had to buy a new one after the second time

very expensive mistake

At least you enjoy enough the first time that you went and did it again! :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't shot mine yet but I have back over it with my wagon. Packing up to leave. Pouring with rain, throwing my gear in the side rear door and the chrony must have slipped out. Reversed up and the wagon hesitated a bit so I gave it some more boogies. You don't want to know the rest! :sick:

I haven't shot mine yet but I have back over it with my wagon. Packing up to leave. Pouring with rain, throwing my gear in the side rear door and the chrony must have slipped out. Reversed up and the wagon hesitated a bit so I gave it some more boogies. You don't want to know the rest! :sick:

You should have done the decent thing and shot it a few times to put it out of it's misery lol

I don't own a chrono. So I have shot my friends.... Twice! Once I clipped the sensor once (I bought him another) and a sky screen (bought that too) another time. I felt terrible but we have a good relationship and laughed it off.

as a reminder put some blue masking tape about 1/3 of the way up across the support rods and aim at the tape...

Why 1/3 of the way up? Why not 1/2 or 2/3 up?

The higher you go the lighter the shadow from the bullet gets and makes it more difficult for the sensor to pick up.

as a reminder put some blue masking tape about 1/3 of the way up across the support rods and aim at the tape...

Why 1/3 of the way up? Why not 1/2 or 2/3 up?

The higher you go the lighter the shadow from the bullet gets and makes it more difficult for the sensor to pick up.

The higher you go, the less likely you will shoot your chrono...

I haven't used this "tape" method before, I find it pretty easy to shoot through my chrono to a target say 25 feet away with pistol (still haven't used my chrono with a long gun but will soon). If you are grouping even semi decent at 25' (say 4"), that means you have less than a 2" variance at the chrono assuming you are holding your gun at the same point. I simply set up my chrono to where I am aiming through the middle of it and I haven't had any issues with it picking up the velocity.

Famous last words...

Edited by RDA

Funny story,

I bought my first chrony, a Shooting Chrony last year. I took it to the range during a 3gun practice session. Myself and a bunch of buddies took turns testing our handloads. When I finished there was one guy left who wanted to test some rifle loads in his AR.

I went to the action range next door to start practicing pistol and rifle transitions. My friend comes over a couple of minutes later and said "I shot your chrony" to which I reply, "sure, I know, we all did". He says, "no man, I SHOT YOUR CHRONY!". I guess he forgot about the scope offset on his AR and aimed a little low.

Lesson learned, I got a new chrony, courtesy of my buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot mine the other day, really cold out and started shivering. I'm not upset, I only paid $50 for it and I don't think it was working properly anyways

Ya shot it because you were shaking. :surprise: