Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 155 gr load?

chad s

I made the mistake of ordering a thousand berrys 155 gr hollow base round nose bullets, only to discover, I can't find printed load data for this bullet anywhere. I can compare them with data for a 165, but I'm not much into guessing. I'd like to shoot them out of a g22, so pressure could be an issue here. Anybody have any help? Thanks

I have a manual that gives some listings for that. However it only lists powders by AA and VV. You might try Accurate #7 9.3gr. to 10.3gr. those list at 1032 to 1135 with a Max Preasure of 34300 PSI at an OAL of 1.125. They also list Accurate #9 with both the starting and maximum Vel almost the same but a preasure that is almost 6000 PSI lower, however most people dont like to play with compressed loads which that one is 11.7 to 13.3.

Thanks for the input guys. I see that stinger was using 5.6 gr of titegroup, I did load 50 rounds with 5.2 grains of titegroup, I went and tried them out and there seemed to be very little pressure, and not even much of a bulge at the rear of the case from the glock. I don't have a chrono, but I am just target shooting and was looking for a good safe load with these, I think I'll be alright. Thanks again..