Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Once again...I'm guessing that's correct. This is all new to me so even though it's basic... I still want to make sure I'm correct as I'm breaking down these stages in my mind.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun match, well done Howard.

However, for the life of me I don't really understand how you call your percentage when you don't know who is shooting, but I wasn't shooting for prizes anyway so that doesn't really phases me. Would buy again :)

Great match, as always, Howard. Thanks for all your hard work! It was awfully nice of Greg to throw a couple of penalties in the back pits so that a few us managed to finish over 50%. :)

Great match Howard. Thanks to all the ROs that planned, worked, set-up and broke down. The match ran very smoothly which indicates to me much planning and preparation was done in advance and it was worth the drive (6 1/2hrs).

A few things stood out to me:

- no failed props/complicated resets/movers = consistent stage presentation for all shooters from first to last.

- easy re-sets

- the backers on the rifle steel; made them visible and seemed to last the entire match without attention.

- The clay target hooks seem to be the way to go.

What type of backers were you using on the steel? Did they last through 2 days? Will we be using them at FNH?

David E.

Those hanging clays were challenging sometimes....you'd shoot them perfectly in the middle on the first shot and you couldn't see the hole...so we just kept shooting at them until they broke. It happened to me and at least 2 other guys in my squad a few times. Stage 6 I shot the first clay on the 1st shot...shot it 5 more times till I saw it break and then went 1 for 1 on the other three clays. Think next time I'll turn down the brightness on my reticle, I think that'll fix the problem.

Those hanging clays were challenging sometimes....you'd shoot them perfectly in the middle on the first shot and you couldn't see the hole...so we just kept shooting at them until they broke. It happened to me and at least 2 other guys in my squad a few times. Stage 6 I shot the first clay on the 1st shot...shot it 5 more times till I saw it break and then went 1 for 1 on the other three clays. Think next time I'll turn down the brightness on my reticle, I think that'll fix the problem.

Illuminate reticle on the orange clays don't mix well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the clays, they are evil. Not only do you have the one hole problem, but then if you are really confident, shoot it, see a black spot on it and think it is a hole, and then later you find out it wasn't a hole but a random surface chip not inflicted by a bullet. Happened to people on my squad.

The best thing about the backers on the rifle steel is that they were only a little bit bigger than the targets. If you missed, there was still an opportunity to see your berm impact and adjust. That is a huge improvement over the posterboard sized backers that completely obscure the impact area and leave you guessing...

Were those the same target hangers that Dean used at Topton last fall? I liked them. They were easy to see plate movement when you hit—they almost looked bouncy so there was no doubt as to whether you hit it or there was just a breeze or something.

I really liked those backers...aside from not being able to get into a good position on the barricade and breaking shots all over the place...I could see all the targets perfectly and went 1 for 1 on the offhand and roof targets.

Dan and I talked about the backers, I just didn't think the corrugated plastic would last very long.

They last pretty well. Sometimes corners can get blown off by the debris, but they stay okay. If Ro's check them regularly, they are pretty sturdy.

We like them velcro'd on, because they are always centered on the target no matter what your orientation to it. Sometimes the backers set back from the target disappear when you shoot from a different angle or can be misleading!

Just my $.02

Denise