Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm going to build a Czechmate!

kneelingatlas

Those of you who've followed some of my projects know I'm crazy about CZ75 pattern pistols and I'm obsessed with boldly going where no shadetree gunsmith with a drill press and a Dremel has gone before! So naturally with nearly two dozen examples of the platform I've always been curious about the ultimate: the Czechmate.

My wife had me just about convinced to buy one, but what would be the fun in that?!? Just buy a gun and shoot it? So I decided to do it my way! I just got my hands on a Shadow Target which I plan to transform into a Czechmate, here's my Photoshop rendering:

CZ-Czechmate-Open_zps41297b2f.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't seen those Sean, but they look heavy...

Artie, the TS/CM have a unique frame which is sort of a wide bodied small frame; it was designed to compete capacity wise with 2011s in .40. The 75B is small framed and the 97B is large framed.

Jimmy Vidanes at 1911 Speed Shop is building a nice open gun on the small frame.

worth a look, a customer brought is by and it was pretty cool

Edited by eerw

I love it! What's your timeline? I'll be down your way for a few weeks in July and can bring my czechmate. Or better yet, a SP01 shadow that wants to be an open gun -- or both :-)

Stuart, it looks like Angus built exactly what I have planned there, so much for originality :)

I have a pretty substantial collection of small frame Tanfoglio Open stuff, once I get some things sorted out and some projects completed I plan to sell a few, I'll give you first dibs!

that 75 sport evo is insanely cool. love the way they made the modular comp mount to fit on the rail mount. very nice.

John, can't wait to see your ersatz czechmate. it should be awesome. we know every open gun needs a 90 degree optic mount so for starters that will be an improvement over the original.

So what's the current thinking on the best way to add a compensator to a CZ75 (shadow/SP01 shadow) 9mm slide for Open Class or Steel shooting?

- Longer threaded barrel, then just add a comp (or shorten slide in conjunction with this)

- Use a Czechmate barrel and compensator, then modify slide for the cone fit of the compensator (seems like this might work ...)

- Modify slide for accu-shadow type bushing, then use something like a 1911 barrel bushing compensator

- or ??

and I guess in the first two cases, maybe using steel guide rode to help index the compensator?

... I don't have the skills to do any of these, but interested in options and the best way to go, when talking to someone about it.

Edited by trgt

I've done the first and am currently gathering parts to do the second, I've seen the third on a 1911 and its pretty cheesy (since the comp is attached to the slide the exit holes have to be big enough for the barrel to come through).

Interesting project.

If you are planing a 90degree mount I can support you on a good solution.

My mount is actually an aluminium plate fitted over the c-more battery tray, connected to the frame.

c3563008-3314-4295-bc81-ca2d9cca2529_zps

Send me a PM if you want a drawing.

Interesting project.

If you are planing a 90degree mount I can support you on a good solution.

My mount is actually an aluminium plate fitted over the c-more battery tray, connected to the frame.

c3563008-3314-4295-bc81-ca2d9cca2529_zps

Send me a PM if you want a drawing.

Which comp barrel is that setup?