Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 problem

tackdr1ver

Looking at the crown of the barrel; it appears very rough and uneven all the way around, it appears pitted as if it was not finished to a nice smooth crown..

The is common on most factory barrels. Certainly has been with my glocks and S&W revolvers. I bought the tools from brownells and now recut crowns as a matter or course. Easy to do and eliminates on more variable so that I know it's me when shots are off call.

I have a Glock 34 Gen 3 and it has displayed none of the issues (left drift) beyond 25 yards that are being described (neither do my glock 26 nor my Glock 19...all gen 3's). I shot CCI Blazer (aluminum case) at Area 4 a few yrs back and the Standard exercise was 25 yd weak hand, 35 yd strong hand 50 yard free style (don't know if that is still a standard exercise or not). Anyway, all my hits were pretty much on centerline and vertically strung (me, not the Glock). Before you spend too many more of your hard earned dollars, since it is a New gen 4 firearm, I'd contact Glock and get their take on it. It's not likely a barrel issue (including the barrel crown).

yeah I would hold off on buying a new barrel or anything like that as a solution

if you want one to have one that is a different story

I am still believing it has to do with part of the sights being loose. if you are getting groups consistently to the left even after rezeroing I would say that the issue is with the sights. if you are rezeroing and the problem was in fact the barrel being loose or having a jagged crown then that would mean you could get infinite deviation to the left when you would actually expect it to stop at a certain point.

• 2 weeks later...

The shots grouping left and not consistent can be a sign of the shooter not being used to the Glock trigger. Many shooters new to Glocks mistakenly try to stage the trigger instead of pulling straight through. I know there are those that tell you to take out the slack, reset the sear then fire, but in my experience, this leads to erratic accuracy. This works find for 1911's and other gun, but not Glocks. Shooters who then pull through the trigger smoothly tend to shrink their groups considerably and thier shots will hit their mark. I would recommend anyone having accuracy issues to first figure out the trigger pull.

Ok, just to give you all an update on this;

From the point the issue was noticed I have taken several actions in an effort to rectify the problem. First I swapped out sights to 2 different sets and the issue was duplicated with the same result. Wild groupings with a left bias. I changed recoil assemblies during this process and also produced the same results. The only thing that fixed the issue was changing barrels. I was fortunate enough to find an awesome guy with a used KKM here on the forum. Once I put the new barrel in I was able to easily shoot fist sized groups at 25 yards with no left bias, no issues whatsoever.

The factory barrel was defective. At some point in time I will get a crowning tool and attempt to salvage the factory barrel if possible.

Ok, just to give you all an update on this;

From the point the issue was noticed I have taken several actions in an effort to rectify the problem. First I swapped out sights to 2 different sets and the issue was duplicated with the same result. Wild groupings with a left bias. I changed recoil assemblies during this process and also produced the same results. The only thing that fixed the issue was changing barrels. I was fortunate enough to find an awesome guy with a used KKM here on the forum. Once I put the new barrel in I was able to easily shoot fist sized groups at 25 yards with no left bias, no issues whatsoever.

The factory barrel was defective. At some point in time I will get a crowning tool and attempt to salvage the factory barrel if possible.

Have you thought about calling Glock and telling them your findings? I would want the factory barrel fixed if I were you, but on their dime, not mine.

this thread has got me wondering about whether or not my g34's barrel is acceptable or not

would you tolerate 5" at 25 yards?

I am not the best group shooter but I get half that or better with the g26 and g19

on the other hand, I also wonder if the different connector plays a role in this. I hate the sponginess of the minus connector and actually prefer the regular gen 3 one for crispness so maybe it is just me?

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman