Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 problem

tackdr1ver

Hey guys, I have a new 2-3 month old G34 Gen 4 which has about 1700 rounds through it at this point and I am having accuracy issues with it. I did not notice the problem until yesterday as up until then I hadn't shot it over 25 yards. At 25 yards & under I have no problem holding A zone hits at all, they tend to string a bit left but they're all A's if I do my part. Yesterday a fellow competitive shooter and I were practicing and we did some 30 & 35 yard stuff.

The problem is this; beyond 25 yards, the gun shoots left. I can hold on the a zone and they drift into the outer C/D zone consistently. What could cause this?

Before you say it's me; it's not. Both he and I shot the gun with the same results (we're both high B, Low A class shooters). After adjusting the sights (Dawson adjustables), same result. I brought my Lim G35 along and at that distance I am able to make A zone hits pretty easily with the G35. We also shot his 35 & 24 and came up with the same result, all the other guns grouped much better and stayed in the A zone & didn't drift left. Also, we shot 4 different types of ammo, through it with the same result. 3 were factory, one was my pet hand load.

It's frustrating as heck as when I tend to miss I tend to miss left and now I am starting to see why. Even with a substantial amount of windage adjustment, the shots drift way left at longer distances.

What do you all suggest?

Before you say it's me; it's not. Both he and I shot the gun with the same results (we're both high B, Low A class shooters). After adjusting the sights (Dawson adjustables), same result. I brought my Lim G35 along and at that distance I am able to make A zone hits pretty easily with the G35. We also shot his 35 & 24 and came up with the same result, all the other guns grouped much better and stayed in the A zone & didn't drift left. Also, we shot 4 different types of ammo, through it with the same result. 3 were factory, one was my pet hand load.

It's frustrating as heck as when I tend to miss I tend to miss left and now I am starting to see why. Even with a substantial amount of windage adjustment, the shots drift way left at longer distances.

What do you all suggest?

We did rest it, re-zeroed at several distances. 2 loads were factory 115's one was factory 124's and my hand loads are 147's.. It's the gun, not the ammo, not the zero.

Umm... All my glocks do this regardless of ammo. Minor rear sight adjustment and im all good. I could probably fix this by holding the gun or pulling the trigger differently but all other guns are fine and this solves the problem for me.

But it looks like you are adjusting the sight and you still have the same issue. Does it get any better when you adjust the sight? It would be very peculiar if you were adjusting the rear sight but the point of impact wasn't getting better. Is the front sight bent or loose?

The front sight is good to go, at one point I had come over 7 clicks right and still my shots were drifting left from point of aim. It is truly bizarre.. All the other guns we shot are set up identically, dawson adjustables, similar trigger jobs etc... I think it's in the barrel or maybe in the locking lug??

Get it to curve a little more and you can shoot around walls and no shoots! :)

Happening all of a sudden? Could you have had a squib and bulged the barrel? Clean it and look for a ring inside the barrel. Also look for cracks in the barrel hood slash lock up area

For lack of a better term; it seems like the shots are curving like a curve ball once they get to a certain distance..

Sounds like you can move bullets with your mind. That's awesome! :goof:

Do the holes in the paper look like the bullets are tumbling or anything?

In my experience, once you get past 25 yards with a glock, bullet choice is very important. Bullets measuring .356 tend to group better. Montana gold 124 hps work pretty good, but the best I have found are Hornady 125 HAP bullets. I have gotten 4 inch groups at 50 yards with a stock 34 barrel.

Why not try to eliminate all possible problems. If you shoot your 35 well and suspect you 34 barrel of being bad why not try it in the 35? It's a drop in fit and use your 9mm mags. Myself when I am diagnosing a problem I try to eliminate all possible variables.

it sounds kind of weird that you adjusted the sight and it kept shooting left

I would try that again because there should be an observable change

only things that I can think of that would make sense if in fact you readjusted zero but did not see a change is that the problem is with the sight. maybe it is the preload? if the sight is the problem then I am sure dawson precision will take care of you... I have bothered them an extraordinary amount and they were always pleasant to deal with. I am almost at the point where I am looking for excuses to buy stuff as a way of thanking them for putting up with all my indecision and mistakes in ordering.

you mentioned the crown but if you are getting consistent stringing left I think you should be able to compensate somewhat with sight adjustments but it just resets it sounds like, hence I think it is the preload on horizontal adjustment for the sight

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman

Why not try to eliminate all possible problems. If you shoot your 35 well and suspect you 34 barrel of being bad why not try it in the 35? It's a drop in fit and use your 9mm mags. Myself when I am diagnosing a problem I try to eliminate all possible variables.

The OD of the G34 barrel is approximately .020 smaller than the G35 barrel.

Even though the gun is shooting left for you, how are the shots grouping? This is the key! A barrel crown and ammo issues will cause erratic groupings. .

I recently switched to a Gen 3, Glock 34 also, after competing with a 1911 for 10+ years. I am a MA class shooter and considered very accurate. I am lefty and at 25 yards my shots are 2-3 inches right. I contribute this to the Glock trigger and the fact that I am still getting used to it. I know its me becasue I can call my shot when I fire a shot that hits the dot I am aiming at at 25 yards. I recently bought a second G34, this one a Gen 4. Took it out to test fire and from a rest at 25 yards I got the same results. The first gun has a KKM barrel,the second is stock. If you refuse to think its you, your going to spend a lot of time searching for a band-aid.

Do some research on Glock trigger press and at least start there.

That gun does not group nearly as well as my G35, or my friends G35 & G24.. If we hadn't shot 4 guns at that distance or tried 4 different types of ammo in my G34 I would believe that it was me. But at 35 yards I was able to hold a 6'' group with all the other guns without any trouble. The g34's group was 10-12'' at that range. At 15 yards it will hold a decent group but once I get beyond 25 it opens way up drastically.

And for the record; I have been shooting a Glock 35 in limited since I started competing 5 years ago, so I am no stranger to a glock or what I need to do to make it work.. I switched to production recently and upgraded from a G17 which grouped considerably better than this 34.. It's just frustrating as heck..

21.3 After-market slides and

barrels – provided they are the

same length, con- tour and

caliber as original factory

standard.

SLIDES: Current rules remain in effect – You

may replace the slide with an OFM or

aftermarket slide which is of the same length,

contour and caliber as the original slide for

that model of gun.

BARRELS: Current rules remain in effect - you

may replace the barrel with an OFM or

aftermarket barrel which is of the same length,

contour and caliber as the original barrel for that

model of gun.

Special Notes/Clarifications:

For purposes of this interpretation, a barrel

within +/- 0.1” of OFM is “the same length”.

Barrels of the same length, contour and caliber

but with different crown profiles are

authorized.