Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Range Owner

Just recently purchased a range in ohio. We have our first action pistol match this sunday. Is there anywhere to look at bay setup? We use all steels in our bays.

"action pistol" and "all steels", eh?

Sounds interesting.

Congrats!! Best of luck, even tho I'm too far away... You might look online at the bays at Palmyra Sportsman's Assn. You can find a bunch of video @ PSA SHOOTOUT on YouTube, etc, or at their web page. They are set up really nice.

I don't know what you have for partitions, but I have been kicking around the idea for about 3 years now that galvanized electrical conduit would work awesome. I think you can order it in 20 foot sticks. Bend one side up at 90 degrees with a conduit bender at 6 foot. Then bend the other end at 6 foot. So it basically looks like a huge staple. It leaves you with an 8 foot long straight section. Then cover it with that orange snow fencing/construction barricade using zip ties. Then just use tie wire (rebar wire) to join the partitions together. Here is a video on how to spin up tie wire:

Once you have say like a 20 foot length of wire spun together, just cut off a six inch piece and loop it around the partition's uprights or legs to secure them together. I always put the loose sharp ends of the wire to the outside so nobody got snagged on it.

The advantage with the galvanized conduit is it won't warp, twist, or rot like wood. And with it already being galvanized, you don't need to paint it. It will be a while before it rusts too.

So are you the new owner of 'Briar Rabbit'...?

I heard something about BR changing hands at the last local Central-Ohio-ish USPSA match... : )

Yes we are the new owners. Due to the incoming weather we have cancelled the 1st match. So it gives me a little more time.

I don't know what you have for partitions,

We have blocks wall between all the bays.

Yes, I have seen the concrete Lego block thing before to delineate bays.

Your OP was kinda vague with "action pistol matches" and "all steels".

So is it true action pistol like Bianchi Cup?

Or IDPA?

Or USPSA?

Or some outlaw style of match you have come up with?

By partitions, I meant moveable or portable lightweight wall sections that can be assembled to make a stage, almost like a low fidelity shoot house simulator.

I don't know what you have for partitions,

We have blocks wall between all the bays.

Yes, I have seen the concrete Lego block thing before to delineate bays.

Your OP was kinda vague with "action pistol matches" and "all steels".

So is it true action pistol like Bianchi Cup?

Or IDPA?

Or USPSA?

Or some outlaw style of match you have come up with?

By partitions, I meant moveable or portable lightweight wall sections that can be assembled to make a stage, almost like a low fidelity shoot house simulator.

guess I looked at that wrong. You could probley say its an outlaw style. Kinda new to all this. We will be building some movable doors and have snow fence barricades also. We are going to be building bays for USPSA but they wont be ready till next season. Dont want to rush into those and try to line shoots up for this year.