Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
GreenDragon64

GODZIRRA!

I can't see the trailers right now, but does it incorporate the Fukushima disaster? IIRC, the original was based on a nuclear accident resulting in a mutated reptile coming from the sea to terrorize Tokyo. Seems like it would be fitting.

One line in the trailer states that the nuclear tests done on uninhabited Pacific islands were actually attempts to kill Godzilla.

Anyone see this thing yet? Viewer ratings seem solid so far.

Somewhat entertaining. But, the scale of godzirra is simply too much. CGI is cool, but this took it too far. The old B&W movies with the crowds running down the street are classics. Just wait fer the DVD

hope this one does not suck...

First half of movie is decent, with Cranston. Second half sucks.

It's a fast paced sci-fantasy with pretty good CGI monster fight scenes and a highly improbable plot and story line that rotates around a Navy Lt. But hey, it's a movie intended for entertainment and actually does that pretty well as monster movies go. I give it an 8+ but ya gotta see it in 3D and IMAX to get the full rush.

I saw it, 6.5, 7 at the most, out of 10 stars.

Acting, with Cranston, is of course great. There felt like a dead spot about 1/2 way until just past the 3/4 spot.

I loved how huge they made Godzilla, I thought that was awesome, unfortunately Godzilla is not in his own movie very much.

That is My biggest complaint, not enough Godzilla.

Old school Godzilla. Great movie, Godzilla playing the clumsy superhero who, while saving the day destroys half the the city. Got chills when his back plates light up.

It was good not great. I don't want to ruin it for anybody but I was kind of disappointed.

I was disappointed in the "other" monsters...all the online talk about Rodan, and it wasn't. IIRC, in the original Godzilla, he didn't appear until about halfway thru the movie, too. I prefer the original Godzilla roar, but at least this one paid homage to it. Not enough radioactive fire, either.

I thought it was better than Broderick's Godzilla of a few years ago.

A webcam at a Christmas Tree farm would be better than Broderick's Godzilla.

I liked Cranston in "Malcolm in the Middle"..... I never got into the meth show.................. :closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

Cranston was my whole reason for watching breaking bad. He was amazing. Hopefully he's just as good in godzilla. I'm gonna see it as soon as I can talk the wife into it. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk