Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dissident Arms Multigun 3-Gun Nation Club Series (HOUSTON)

Dissident Arms Multigun 3-Gun Nation Club Series (HOUSTON)

Date: Mar 15 2014 – Every 3rd Saturday

Time: Check-In 8:30am Shots Fired 9:00am

Range: The Impact Zone

Range Address: 10878 Kerr Rd. Hempstead, TX 77445

Match Fee $ 35 (includes classifier submission to 3-GunNation)

Junior Discount $ 20

Sign-Up: MatchSignUp.org

http://www.matchsignup.org./match/default.php?matchid=144

https://www.facebook.com/dissidentarmsmultigun

You don't want to miss the Inaugural 3 Gun Nation Club Series Match hosted by Dissident Arms Multigun. This will be held on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Take part in (2) field courses and (4) 3 Gun Nation Classifier stages in this match. Future matches will be 4 field stages and 2 classifiers. If you are a registered 3 Gun Nation competitor, you can receive a full classification at this match!

Rimfire and 2-Gun are allowed. New shooters, juniors, and LADIES encouraged to come out!

Stage Description & Round Count will be posted here on 3/7/14

Match Director: Lan Nguyen lan@dissidentarms.com 832-767-9644

Co MD: Mike Whitesides mike@dissidentarms.com 281-914-1026

Edited by DissidentArms

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I like this. Making it where all can shoot(two gun, rim fire etc.) is a great idea. Having an alternative that's run by 3 Gunners for 3 Gunners should make it all the sweeterW

We want no excuse for someone interested in shooting not to come out. Bring the gear you have or that you would like to run and your good. I someone needs a shotgun or rifle to borrow let me know. Just bring decent ammo.

A quality shooter experience is what we are looking for; safe and fun.

As far as the rules state, 3 Gun Nation Clubs have to submit 2 sets of classifier scores within the shooting season. We are planning on running 2 classifiers each match after the inaugural match, so we should be good as long as you are a registered 3 Gun Nation competitor. We will be having a year end drawing as a club as well (Prize to be decided).

Edited by 40nguyen

Can you share with us which classifiers will be shot?

Also, is your club participating on the VersaMax & Hiperfire give a way? (Please say yes.)

If so, you need to be a 3 Gun Nation member to be eligible.

Bill

The sages will be finalized next week and posted here. As for now we are planning on 4 of the more simple classifiers. Looking at Flying By-3, Times 223, Time 12 Steel, and Crash or Burn.

One stage will be shooters choice 3-gun in large center bay. There will be multiple was to complete the course of fire depending on you strengths and where you stage/ground you firearms. This will be similar to what you see at a 3-Gun Nation Pro Series event

Other stage in the back will require some 200yrd rifle supported, 100yrd rifle plate rack, 60yrd slug, bird shot pond run, 1yrd pistol leaning paper to 50rd c-zone steel. Know you holds!

This match will cover several skill sets used in multigun. Shooter development is our goal.

Can you share with us which classifiers will be shot?

Also, is your club participating on the VersaMax & Hiperfire give a way? (Please say yes.)

If so, you need to be a 3 Gun Nation member to be eligible.

Bill

I am verifying with 3 Gun Nation Club Series. Regardless of their reply, we will be offering our own raffle for those who attend our matches. We are currently in the process of securing prizes (ie gift certificates and other small handouts) for a random draw type prize table at the monthly matches.

***FREEDOM MUNITIONS***

***HOUSTON***

Address: 17482 Northwest Fwy, Jersey Village, TX 77040

Phone:(281) 416-5493

Hours: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

Dissident Arms Multigun is happy to announce Freedom Munitions retail store in Houston

has stepped up in usual fashion and are now Sponsors of our 3-Gun Nation Club Series.

A random drawing prize table will be featured each month!

Please give Freedom Munitions consideration for your ammo needs

We are working to secure other like minded sponsors to improve the shooters experience.

You know I've got to say it. Lots of people talk about doing stuff but BIG KUDOS to Mike and LAN for stepping up and making it happen!! I look forward to it and what a great way to start Spring Break.

Thanks Ward, see you out there.

Good stuff! Now I have another opportunity to shoot a match when my wife takes me to Houston for some conference or to visit relatives!

Is this match going to replace the west Houston shooters club match?

Edited by JPeel

Is this match going to replace the west Houston shooters club match?

I don't think so. WHIDPA 3 Gun is a different group of folks and they shoot the 2nd Saturday at Impact.

We are getting lots of 3 Gun in the Houston area. :cheers:

This monthly match does not replace the West Houston Shooters Club 3-Gun. They are a great guys and I shot almost every match that Bob put on last year. I'm sure I will still make some of there matches this year.

Our intention is to grow Mutilgun here in the Houston area. Dissident Arms did a lot of traveling last year; shooting nearly 50 matches. This year we will shoot at least 7 Majors from coast to coast. Look for out local to include the skills learned at these matches.

Also first Sunday each month will be Multigun training. These sessions will focus on breaking stages into their parts. Developing the skills needed to get better, meet personal goals and be competitive at a higher level.

Can you post rules or a link to rules? I'm curious about the rimfire and two gun variations.

If your a 3-Gun Nation member and wish your classifiers scores be turned in The 3-Gun Nation; then 3GN rules must be followed.

http://3gunnation.com/Portals/0/CLUB%20PDF_2014.pdf

Regarding rimfire and 2-Gun. These divisions are to encourage all shooters to make our matches regardless of equipment. Rimfire can be shot 3-gun or 2-gun (w/ or w/o shotgun). 2-Gun is rifle and pistol; shotgun targets will not be counted in any way. Keep in mind while this is a match and we are "competing" you should be looking to have fun, shoot what you have. Show up we will have a division for you

So there is practice at Impact Zone Sunday? Please give the particulars or if it's still in flux reply when you get it nailed please. I'm looking forward to it.

Dissident Arms Multigun will be hosting training/practice sessions at the Impact Zone the 1st Sunday of each month. Official start date, Sunday April 6th as all the steel will be ready! These will be more beneficial than a match for shooter development. You will shot a course of fire cold on the clock. Your run evaluated and points that need work will be noted. Next the stage is broke into parts working on the skills needed to improve your time. Then shoot the stage a few time validating your improvement.

Cost: $35

Lan and I will be in South Carolina this coming weekend shooting the 3GN South Eastern Regional.

We will try to have something in March.

These will be announced on there own pages. Thanks for the interest!

Edited by DissidentArms

11 days to the first Dissident Arms Multigun match. If you are interested and plan to make this event please help us by registering at http://www.matchsign...php?matchid=144

If you do not use Pay Pal; still register and pay at the match.

Thanks to those of you already registered. Let your friends that don't follow BRIAN ENOS know about this event!

Information can also be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook...entarmsmultigun

We want to make this a smooth running event and plan to be fully prepared. Scores will be posted promptly at Practiscore.com

The 4 classifiers are short but fun and still test shooters skills. Your first cold run is scored for match time. Following the event, if time allows, you may shoot the classifiers again for some valuable practice.

The shooters choice stage planned for the big bay will give you multiple ways to complete the stage. No matter if your right handed or left you will have options. While the stage in the works for the back "long range" area will require all 3 firearms challenging your long to short rage transitions. These 2 stages are what one would see at a Major 3-Gun match (mental, physical, & FUN!)

Plane on having a great time! See you on the range!

Edited by DissidentArms

Round count for the match is: 60 - Rifle 50 - Pistol 60 - Birdshot (up to 6 shot) 1 - Slug

Field Stages are shooters choice and use all 3 firearms.

Classifiers are: Times 12 Steel, Times 223, Flying by 3, and Crash or Burn

See y'all in a week!