Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA RangePack losing its form; bottom compartment collapsing

SpankYa

just for those that don't have the bag - mine sags and I would still buy again any day of the week. Nothing else can fit all my crap in it the way this bag does. If it gets too bad that I can't open it I'll buy another.

Same problem with mine.

As far as I can tell, the problem is that there is nothing really supporting the body of the bag. So it eventually just sags.

I fixed mine (maybe just temporarily) by putting a block of wood (about 3/4 inches thick) behind the plastic insert that forms that bottom ammo/storage compartment. That effectively pushes the plastic insert forward and into the mouth of the zippered bottom compartment.

That provides support. Makes it a little tougher to zip and unzip, but it's still workable.

Hopefully, the attached photo shows what I am talking about. You can see the block of maple in the back.

Obviously, it's not ideal. But it does stand up straight now.

The sagging was starting to drive me crazy. It was starting to get to the point where it didn't take much for it to fall over.

12922314865_2fde6b5dbf_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am late to this party but, I have to say... I will never buy anything from CED again. A friend of mine told me to get one of these bags because it seemed like it would fit my needs. When I called CED, I asked them specifically, was this bag made in the USA. The rep clearly stated YES. Well... its not, so they lied to me over the phone. Lets say that was my fault for not researching the company... I overlooked that lie. I also asked what the warranty was as I love Bagmaster (made in the USA, Lifetime Warranty). They told me the bag was solid and it would have a life time no questions asked warranty.

Well...went a head with the deluxe range bag and within 4 months it was collapsing, just as you show (but worse). So, that was a total of... lets say 7 trips to the range.... all in door by the way. Zippers were hard to close, and I felt like the bag should have lasted far longer than that. Esp because they say you can put 30 lbs (that might be off in weight) on top and it maintain its shape... lol. Nope.

I called CED to simply have it fixed or replaced... I was told to send my bag in and they would replace it. Well after about 3 months of waiting I called back in to find out where my bag was... They told me they were sending out a bag to replace it... well, I had to call back a total of 8 times to get anywhere. It was always the same story, "it got lost in the paper work"... "Did you send in your old bag" lol, smh... I also heard "its on its way out today".

On my last call where I literally almost lost my shit... they transferred me to some Indian woman who said that after she inspected it, it showed to much use to replace. Thats was interesting. After some major bitching by me she literally asked me "If you owned CED what would you do in this situation?" Really lady... How about send me a new freakin bag that holds up to your advertised standards or simply send me my money back and keep the bag. Well, she said that they would go out of business honoring something like that and she could not help me.

Anyway, I will never buy from this crap company again... what a joke

wow, sounds like you had a horror experience. I guess CED is the dealer in the US. I have not dealt with them, but obviously a number of products are co-produced between CED and DAA and I have always found DAA to be very helpful and most definitely stand behind their products. I recently had some very minor issues (wrong colour holster delivered, holster with some tool marks on it) and DAA (and in particular their local distributor) went out of their way to sort me out. I do not own a DAA range pack, but plenty of guys I shoot with do. They all seem pretty happy. They do seem to work well when attached to the cart and perhaps that's the key to making one last. Anyway, It sucks you had a bad time with CED, and there is no doubt they should have sorted out your problem.

Mine is sagging exactly the same way, after 3.5 months of use. When it gets too hard to open the zippers, which won't be much longer, I will go back to my old midway range bag.

Too bad, as I really liked it when it was new.

I just waited almost two months for my RangePack Pro. Showed up yesterday and I loaded it all up. The bag is big but so nice to be able to see and get to all my stuff. Very nice :) It sure doesn't seem like it will sag. I'm thinking of storing it hanging up by the shoulder straps, maybe take some weight off the bottom compartment for all the hours it spends just sitting.

• 2 months later...

Here's an update. I got a response from CED. It seems no other complaints exist. Guess I'm special... The excessive weight of an SP-01, six magazines and 200 rounds of 9mm is overwhelming for this bag.

We are sorry to hear your comments and see the pictures. We have not had any returns with the medium size backpack to date. We had a few with the larger model, and the comments I had seen on Brian's forum related to that model. But there has been less than 4 pcs. returned to date with several thousand sold. Thus, I suspect that the wear is directly related to the usage. There is always some structure in any range bag or backpack that will shift and change over time and use. Fabric will stretch with amount of things put inside and their weight and type of use will always eventually result in wear on any product. Having said this, there was only one issue with the medium backpack which we did modify after the initial production and I am not sure if you have a modified unit or not? We increased the size of the plastic box slightly larger for the primary purpose of covering the opening space more. But it does add 5cm to the box size giving slightly more structure to the side walls. If you can open the lower compartment and take a picture of it opened showing me the plastic box inside it would help me see which you have? Also possibly measure the height of the plastic box itself for me. If you have the smaller one, we could send you out the amended version for you to try and see if it helped?

Other than this, you are always welcome to return it to us for us to review and determine if there is any defect in the stitching or lining material used in construction or if we can repair it for you. If it is only 8 months old, this would be a warranty service if something was wrong with it in that regard.

As you can see it's gotten worse.

20140530_171709.jpg

I swear my usual load out is the following:

• CZ 75 SP-01 (main compartment)
  • Six mags (main compartment)
  • 200 rounds (ALWAYS in the bottom compartment)
  • Timer, pens, paper... (upper right)
  • Spare batteries, 2 AA, 1 9v (upper right)
  • ESS eye protection (clipped to outside)
  • Sordin earmuffs (main compartment)
  • Multitool (upper left)

That' it.

Edited by SpankYa

I have the large bag and cart. There is no way I'd lug that pack around for 5-7 hrs at a match. The bag looks exactly like it did the day I bought it, probably becuase it just sits on the cart and gets pulled around. Best bag/ system I've ever used ...

i have a rangepack medium for about a year now and i don`t have any problems with it still in perfect condition , i dont use a cart .

How the service of CED is i don`t know but i know the service of DAA is exellent ( maybe for me easier because i live in holland ).

I have been thinking about getting one of these bags but customer service is something i look at big time when making a purchase like this. For the people having trouble do you use your bags with the cart?

I use it as a backpack. No cart.

yeah I posted this earlier. but I feel this is really designed to go with the cart. the ones I've seen used on a cart all seem to be holding up 100%. the few guys here who use it as a backpack theirs looked a little more beat up.

not much consolation since it should perform just fine as a backpack (that's what it is), but on the cart I think it's being held by the straps which stops it sagging.

• 3 months later...

So wanted to post a follow up. I sent my bag into CED and two weeks later, they sent a replacement. I received it today. Big thanks to CED for taking care of my complaint. In the box was a letter (attached) that stated, in a nutshell, that this type of wear is common and should be expected. So buyers should be aware that while CED really impressed me by taking care of my claim, they may not do so for others since this is considered normal.

Lester

Letter from CED.pdf

Edited by SpankYa

So wanted to post a follow up. I sent my bag into CED and two weeks later, they sent a replacement. I received it today. Big thanks to CED for taking care of my complaint. In the box was a letter (attached) that stated, in a nutshell, that this type of wear is common and should be expected. So buyers should be aware that while CED really impressed me by taking care of my claim, they may not do so for others since this is considered normal.

Lester

You may be able to avoid future issues by leaving that boat anchor SP01 in the safe and rocking the sweet new SDC CZ instead. If so, that makes one more (potentially overlooked) advantage to the SDC.

Lester

You may be able to avoid future issues by leaving that boat anchor SP01 in the safe and rocking the sweet new SDC CZ instead. If so, that makes one more (potentially overlooked) advantage to the SDC.

LOL Thanks Mike!! The CZ 75 Shadow will debut on Saturday at Norco. I'm sure those ounces will save the bag from undue stress from my previously overweight SP-01.